advertisement

Whisky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ralfy takes on Lagavulin 12 year old and in his usual fashion displays a deep understanding of whisky and life in general.
I watch Ralfy every week these days.
Sorely tempted by the 12 but it's a bit on the pricey side for my budget...

Best value/tasting 21yr old you've tried?
Not that I've had many but would have to say
Bruichladdich cuvee 382 La Berenice unlikely to get that again.

£10 off Ardbeg in Tesco at the mo.
Thanks for that. £37 - that's a good price but not strictly £10 off compared to other online retailers.
It's been that low on Amazon recently (and went quickly oos):
https://uk.*******************/product/B008U7SUDE?context=search
Might be a good time to stock up though as some reckon the arrival of Wee Beastie will see Ardbeg put the price of the 10 up...hope not.

The new Arran 10yr old un-chill filtered no colouring 46% superb taste.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001HUDTPK/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21
On my wishlist but...must stop...

The Flash Sales at Masterofmalt are good. They rotate the offers every few days but you have to be quick though as the popular offers go in under 24hrs.
Picked up a Laphroaig CS with £15 off earlier in the week.
https://www.masterofmalt.com/special-offers/

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Don't be put off Laphroag; try it for yourself. I love it, along with Ardbeg, Talisker and Lagavullin. I think one of the essentials of whiskey drinking is learning how to sip. It took me a very long time. Another essential is acquiring a measure, a double measure, or you might make yourself very ill, or equally bad, only pour yourself a single. I haven't, incidentally, drunk Lagavullin for years but liked it instantly - before I became a whiskey drinker. The price prohibits.

I'm still a beginner but I'm enjoying the Islays I've tried - Laphroaig 10 to start and later Ardbeg 10 and the Laphroaig Quarter Cask. Always just the one as the last dram of the night. Lagavulin 16 is next on the hit list...my budget tends to be £30-40 so that had delayed things but I pushed the boat out for the Laphroaig Cask Strength which was on offer at £65.
Also having fun with other regions, Glenallachie 12, Deanston 12 and even Monkey Shoulder.
Nosing, adding a little water and sipping slowly as you say all essential to the enjoyment.

I'm still a beginner but I'm enjoying the Islays I've tried - Laphroaig 10 to start and later Ardbeg 10 and the Laphroaig Quarter Cask. Always just the one as the last dram of the night. Lagavulin 16 is next on the hit list...my budget tends to be £30-40 so that had delayed things but I pushed the boat out for the Laphroaig Cask Strength which was on offer at £65.
Also having fun with other regions, Glenallachie 12, Deanston 12 and even Monkey Shoulder.
Nosing, adding a little water and sipping slowly as you say all essential to the enjoyment.
A Jura was my only choice via supermarket a couple of weeks ago. I really did enjoy this: 'Jura'.

Just getting the essentials in the camper before heading up north;

1 x Talisker Storm
1 x Balvenie 15 YO
1 x Hakushu Distillers Reserve

I do like Balvenie but now I’m ont’ pension I have to be a bit careful;)

I’ve been told scotch is good protection against Covid. I shall carry on drinking it in that case even though I don’t drink much at all now.

Nice one Weekender.

This whisky has been on my list for a couple of years; now the price has dropped - no excuses.

Cheers,

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back