advertisement

Anyone using the new Rega EBLT Belt?

Weirdness

pfm Member
There seems to be very little information available as yet but supposedly there is an upgraded belt to the white one?

In the description for the RP6 there is mention of a new black belt "Upgrade EBLT black drive belt fitted as standard - From 1st Feb 2020"

I'm due for a belt change wondering if these are readily available yet or not?

I think they’ll being fitted to new decks from the Planar 6 upwards, but as of two weeks ago, my local dealer was still waiting for them to be made available for purchase... I know because I want one to try, my whip belt is very tired and I’ve had to stick an original black one on for now.

It's actually way simpler than that EBLT is simply an anagram of BELT ;);) (not really)
Hi Paul, I',m also in the market for two new belts for my P9 so would be good to know an expected ETA seeing as the previous generation upgrade belts are now longer available. Any idea?

It’s probably better to go over to a DD turntable to save all this trouble...

Yeah big hassle putting a couple fresh belts on every 5 years I'm feeling quite put out by the whole ordeal lol.

Sounds like they aren't readily available as yet I'll wait patiently until they make their way out into the world...

For clarification, because of limited supply at this time the new EBLT belts are currently being fitted to new production Planar 6 / Planar 8 and Planar 10 turntables in the factory.

We should be in a position to offer the new belts as a retail option early September (price etc TBA nearer the time)

advertisement

Back