advertisement

ALWSR regulator- possible new group buy

All now confirmed bar JimmyB.

Andy will now be in contact with you to sort out individual bills and posting details, and will be supplying the boards direct.

List updated.

2_dive - 10 * pos 6 * neg
timH - 4 * pos
JimmyB - 6 * pos 4 * neg
Luca - 2 * Pos
Mynamemynaim - 6 * pos 2 * neg
Jonathan - 7 * pos 3 * neg
ABC135 - 4 * pos 4 * neg
IanmacPFM- 2 * pos 2 * neg
Alan Chung - 12 * pos 4 * neg
jpk - 10 * pos 6 * neg
nobeone - 4 * pos
geoturbo - 2 * neg
Dark Energy - 12 * pos 12 * neg
Geesixty - 10 * pos 6 * neg

Total - 89 pos 51 neg

One thing I'm curious about, are there any parts updates? There may be a updated pdf file etc somewhere already, I still have the original data and some components from way back when.
Any input or user experience would be helpful to me, and possibly to others also.

Have a search in pfm, there was a "recent" build thread and a google docs spreadsheet of parts list. I built a bunch of positives last time round from that and Andy put the original build docs as web pages.

Hi everyone,

I've sent out PM's to everyone this evening with the exception of JimmyB (I can't start a conversation with you owing to your forum settings - if you can drop me a PM with your address that would be great and I can reply with payment / shipping details).

Hopefully, I've got everything correct! Let me know if I haven't. Thanks to 2_dive for his help gathering interest and names for me.

Andy.

Ah, didn't know there was a privacy setting. I've checked the box now so hopefully should work!

Will PM anyway...

Thanks,

J

I'm pleased to report everyone has paid (or has told me their intent to do so!) and I received a delivery today.

I got me some work to do!

ACtC-3e5y2aLHerpqaRSjnFUZFHVnsqSUi_Ph0Dt25e1Dt3P8hN-YBGAOrmSvfjdWiMUq29dpA5ii9KwwAQNmjpx6igFaSOt9nFhymLnW9fwx-yOiSSndFp07NfEN_9O53rS14R1oXBV7czJbgJq31Sr7AQ0Ww=w1085-h611-no

it would be fantastic if someone could point me to a BOM for the boards so as to order some of the componentry ahead of time

I got a shock, thought they were really big for a second when I saw them on the chair...until I realised it was a mouse mat. Think it's time to stop work if that's my judgement level.

On the BOM side, from the previous build thread of 2019....

Build thread:
https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/alwsr-build-thread.226481/

BOM:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13tO70sIFgCgXZmhLwoeHpELZPhMEoeDfRBIJbwYmDDg/edit#gid=0

Probably have to read through the thread to see if any changes. It would be good to make sure the BOM is accurate as I'm awful at missing things....

I got a shock, thought they were really big for a second when I saw them on the chair...until I realised it was a mouse mat. Think it's time to stop work if that's my judgement level.

Haha, I can see why you thought that at first glance!

Back to counting, bagging and labelling (and weighing for sanity check).

First sanity check passed, I have the right quantity and mix of boards left over after packing, so that's a good sign!

I always buy a few spares, in case of loss, after everyone receives their delivery they'll be available for any latecomers.

Jiffy bag time!

Looks like I’ve missed my chance, but if there are any spare after postage etc I would be extremely interested.

Looks like I’ve missed my chance, but if there are any spare after postage etc I would be extremely interested.

There's a good chance there will be availability in a few weeks, I have 11 spare +ve and 9 spare -ve boards that are available once I've had confirmation of deliveries. Drop me a PM as a reminder and you'll be top of the list!

Andy.

I marked up the BOM last time, the description on C4 is wrong, but since it is not my BOM I just placed a comment on there, other than that if you look at my ALWSR thread you can see I made a few changes but the BOM works for a positive ALWSR anyway ... at the serious risk of repeating myself

Specifically, I ordered the BOM for positive ALWSR from Farnell with the following exceptions

Only other thing I noted is the LM329BZ reference is 6.9V not 6.95V as sometimes quoted which puts the output voltage calculation off a bit

advertisement

Back