advertisement

M-DAC+

Success! The file must be renamed to M_DAC.bin - the instructions weren't very clear.

Thanks for that info busb.

The software no longer detects my DAC now either. Maybe since the move to Win10. I've requested the USB memory stick version now.

Thanks for that info busb.

The software no longer detects my DAC now either. Maybe since the move to Win10. I've requested the USB memory stick version now.

If yours is v0.020, you will have to use the Windows program method AFAICT or return the DAC to IAG. Quite what they did to convert the firmware type, I'm not sure but have you retried by renaming the file 1st by stripping out the version number? Their instructions are very poor, IMO.
I'm not familiar enough with Windows but programs can sometimes be run as if on an earlier version of Windows.

Well I'll see what the IAG contact says via mail. The windows mode is called 'compatibility mode' but as the program runs I doubt it will be that. I used it before so odd it's not detected . Let's see.

Unlike the original M-DAC, the plus version seems to show the last used bitrate for any input selected rather than whether or not the connected device is active or not (v020 firmware). My Mac Mini sometimes fails to output a signal despite the DAC showing the bitrate. When I install the latest version, I'll post back any differences I'm told of or notice.

Hi busb,

Are you saying there's no sound but you can see the bitrate being displayed correctly on the display? If thats the case then i guess we are experiencing same issue. Let me know if you still experience the issue after the update. Thanks.

Hi busb,

Are you saying there's no sound but you can see the bitrate being displayed correctly on the display? If thats the case then i guess we are experiencing same issue. Let me know if you still experience the issue after the update. Thanks.

I've not noticed any difference from v1.020 to v1.023. The reported bitrate from my Mac Mini over USB when in sleep mode remains the same & setting standby to 20’ in the menu still gets reset to ‘Never’ after powering the DAC back on.

Hello to all
I am owner of mdac plus, I can not find the latest firmware to download to update my mdac plus, is it possible to have it?
thank you in advance
Ps. I also have the problem that sometimes I do not hear any audio when I turn on the system.
have you solved you?

Hello to all
I am owner of mdac plus, I can not find the latest firmware to download to update my mdac plus, is it possible to have it?
thank you in advance
Ps. I also have the problem that sometimes I do not hear any audio when I turn on the system.
have you solved you?
You will need to contact them - they are very furtive regarding publishing firmware upgrades

Have just successfully updated to v 1.026 received from IAG. They agreed that fw should be published but IAG in China has complete control. Quad, audiolab etc are Chinese brands with a sales/service office here in Blighty.

It was a little bit secretly to get the firmware :) Anyway from their FB page gave me an email address of a person from technical support. He sent me instructions - update has been applied via DFU mode with DfuSe Tool and USB A to USB A cable. Now I'm with v. 0.025 :cool:

Hello, I have downloaded the firmware update for the product M-dac+.
I renamed the file M_One_v1.324.bin calling it M_DAC.bin. The procedure was executed but now the DAC does not work anymore. Can you help me? I suspect the M-one file is not correct for M-dac + but it is what is downloadable from the mlab s site. Thank You.

advertisement

Back