advertisement

Amplifier for Neat Momentum sx3i

Allaboutmusic

pfm Member
Hi all

Does anyone have any recommendations for amplifiers for Neat Momentum sx3i?

Have my old speakers to sell / trade in so considering upgrading from my Elex-r.

Considering hegel h120 , moon 240i and any other recommendations people may have.

Thanks

Has anyone heard a rega elicit r with these speakers?

Have been reading up on the exposure, sn2 and elicit r. Given the rest of my system is rega the Elicit r probably makes the most sense and slightly cheaper and from what I have read should give me what I'm looking for, more grip on the bass and from what I have read is warmer sounding and less bright than the Elex-r.

However haven't read any reports of these speakers paired with the Elicit r. I have spoken to my dealer and have arranged to borrow their demo unit so will find out for myself in a couple of weeks.

Other than the Elicit the SN2 seems to be very popular with these speakers. So I might just go for this without audition if I don't enjoy the Elicit R.

Pre/power I think would end up being too many boxes, once you add in my dac tt psu and possibly external phono stage and power supplies.

Has anyone compared SN2 with Elicit R?

The SN has a ‘voiced sound’ which if you like the naim presentation then it’s all good.

The Aethos is probably more comparable to the SN3 BUT Rega have always offered a higher grade product for less money than naims sonic equivalent.

I owned the Eilict (second edition of the clamshell version) and lived with it for 10 years. The Aethos is supposedly closer to the Osiris than the Elicit.

The SN has a ‘voiced sound’ which if you like the naim presentation then it’s all good.

The Aethos is probably more comparable to the SN3 BUT Rega have always offered a higher grade product for less money than naims sonic equivalent.

I owned the Eilict (second edition of the clamshell version) and lived with it for 10 years. The Aethos is supposedly closer to the Osiris than the Elicit.

Assume you enjoyed the Elicit? Did you ever manage to listen to the Elicit R?

Yeah I think in terms of system balance, cost, keeping the kit looking the same etc I think the Elicit R makes most sense.

Hoping I like it. Just looking for a bit more control and warmth than the Elex-r, as I think the neat tweeter can sometimes emphasis the S on vocals so hopefully the Elicit can tame that a littleFrom what I have read that should be the case. Also for any further system changes the Elicit should have enough power for pretty much any scenario.

However if I don't get on with it then the SN2 (which generally is considered to be a good match) I would be willing to buy and move on if it doesn't work out. Don't think I would loose anything in the process.

I never came on with my Elicit II and much preferred Elex/R.
Easy speakers so maybe not info to use.
Shortly heard Elicit/R - not really moved me either, but no long term experience.

Supernaits are very powerfull but not as smooth as Rega amplication (have yet to hear Aethos)

bit concerning to see the aethos at 2k when its only just come out ! sn2 has a lovely remote , seen a few moans about the rega remote

There was two Rega Aethos sold in May of this year each for £2K one at Nintronics and the other at Lintone audio.
I see this quite often, a few months after an amp or speaker is launched one of two pop up used and forsale, perhaps someone making a rash purchase and changed their mind quite quickly.

There was two Rega Aethos sold in May of this year each for £2K one at Nintronics and the other at Lintone audio.
I see this quite often, a few months after an amp or speaker is launched one of two pop up used and forsale, perhaps someone making a rash purchase and changed their mind quite quickly.
Does seem good value at 2k. Suspect you wouldn't loose much else if you took a chance on it and had to move on again.

advertisement

Back