advertisement

The PFM Produce and Share a Zine - Round 2

Mr Perceptive

Perceptive Member
OK, this post is to launch Round 2 of the PFM Zine Exchange.

The idea of this challenge is that you sign up here and commit to producing a zine and posting it to all the other people in this zine group, everyone has to cover their own printing and postage costs and in return gets a fantastic zine collection from the other members of the group. The target date for posting out your zines is Saturday 17th October 2020 with Saturday 26th September 2020 as a last date for people to commit which gives 3 weeks for printing etc.

Now we had a lot of interest last time, but only about a third of those who showed interest actually committed to producing a zine, don't be scared, a zine by its very nature can vary from a collection of hand produced pages stapled or folded together (http://blog.umamidesign.com/ud-content/2013/09/ud_130918_zine-instructions.jpg) or a printed booklet (https://mixam.co.uk/booklets)

The zines from the first round are below
Lmg88Czh.jpg

Thread for first round here - this has lots of useful reference information in it
https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/the-pfm-produce-and-share-a-zine.239696/

Any questions and fire away, I'm sure someone can answer!!

I'm definitely in for round 2. I learnt a lot from the process in round 1 and looking forward to applying it all to a new subject.

Thanks for the links.

There's some fine work there - I can see these becoming a new addiction. I've made photobooks using Apple and PhotoBox before but I like the format and utility of these far more. It's very cool to see the themes that other people have used to structure their shooting and also the way they've made curation a key part of the photographic process.

I'll say at this point that I will join in, but it will depend on my health situation between now and then. I do have a photoshoot booked for next Monday, out of doors, so fingers crossed...

Some useful videos to make everything look more professional!! I found Sophia Carey when I was looking for videos of my old hometown (Croydon) - she's a young photographer (21) who has just gained a first class degree in graphic design.

Last edited:
I didn't know you were from Croydon? I grew up just down the road in Bromley :)

Born in Hornchurch Essex, moved to Croydon in 1969 (aged 6), left in 1985......don't remember much about Hornchurch so I always think of Croydon as where I grew up!

Born in Hornchurch Essex, moved to Croydon in 1969 (aged 6), left in 1985......don't remember much about Hornchurch so I always think of Croydon as where I grew up!

Ah cool - I was born in Enfield, North London but moved to Bromely when I was 2 and grew up there so always think of it as home.

50337964651_2260643449_c.jpg

The samples are back from Mixam! With a couple of tweaks I will send mine off for printing this week as we're away over the period of 26th Sept & 17th Oct so need to get ahead. Learning Affinity Publisher has been quite straightforward at this level, and I'm pleased with the colours & quality, so if I can do it anyone can!

advertisement

Back