advertisement

GOLDRING LENCO GL 75 repair \ service

mole0937

pfm Member
Can anyone help ,I have been given the above turntable the deck is in really lovely condition but it has a problem the arm wont return to rest,I wondered if anyone out there knows a source I can get it serviced and repaired in the South end of the country, Im based in Sussex so anywhere within 50 to 60 miles, I'm 74 so cant travel to far.
Thanks in anticipation
Martin ( mole0937)

There’s a guy called David W Harris who is very experienced in servicing and repairing these decks. You can find him on Lenco Heaven, on the Lenco restoration Facebook group or he also sells bearing kits for the L75 on eBay. He would be a good place to start

Hi, I am slightly confused by your description of the issue you are describing. The GL-75 is a manual deck so the arm won't return at the end of an album unless you return it yourself. As stated above LencoHeaven is a really useful resource for these decks. With a good service even with the original arm these decks sound excellent even compared to modern decks. I am listening to & enjoying mine right now.
Good luck with it,
TS

Can anyone help ,I have been given the above turntable the deck is in really lovely condition but it has a problem the arm wont return to rest,I wondered if anyone out there knows a source I can get it serviced and repaired in the South end of the country, Im based in Sussex so anywhere within 50 to 60 miles, I'm 74 so cant travel to far.
Thanks in anticipation
Martin ( mole0937)

Can you clarify what you mean by “won’t return to rest”? The L75 is not an auto turntable, it requires you to manually cue the arm at end of side. IIRC the L78 had an auto lift function.

PS Snap!

If there's a fault and you need it fixing, okay, but the GL75 arm doesn't warrant spending money on. Deck's okay, but not as good as the 'revival' in the last 20 years might have you believe.

If there's a fault and you need it fixing, okay, but the GL75 arm doesn't warrant spending money on. Deck's okay, but not as good as the 'revival' in the last 20 years might have you believe.
In your opinion.
If the v blocks in your arm need replacing (if it's never been done then they definitely do) then that will bring about worthwhile improvements for pennies.

advertisement

Back