advertisement

I don't understand why it sounds so shrill....

Set the output on the Mojo to adjustable volume and try lowering the volume to almost nothing, then gradually increase it until you're happy with the sound. It could also be worth trying different interconnects as well.

The Mojo is a very easy to listen to piece of kit. Have you tried swapping the inputs on the amp? Plugging the Chord into the CD players input? Turning the volume level down could be a good idea. Have you also tried the Chord with a set of headphones? That would isolate the amp/speakers.
Does the CD and Mojo level match? Do you need to turn it up/down when you change source? What inputs does the Naim have? Is it all din? Is it possible the 3.5 to din lead is wired incorrectly?

Lordsummit above makes good points.
Other than that, you are not the first person to put "Naim" and "harsh" in the same sentence. Especially with metal tweeters. I would avoid both.

Thought I remembered this, doesn’t the Nait 3 have a mix of din and rca inputs? Are you comparing like with like?

Thought I remembered this, doesn’t the Nait 3 have a mix of din and rca inputs? Are you comparing like with like?

Input 1 RCA, all the rest DIN. RCA input is where the phono board sits if installed. No idea if they're otherwise functionally identical apart from connector type.

As I've actually got time to read what the OP has posted, in particular #10, the only thing that makes any sort of sense is that the Mojo is faulty. Did you buy it new so that taking it back is an option? If not then maybe your friendly neighbourhood Chord dealer could try it out.

I had a problem with a faulty Mojo, once the the volume went above a certain, not very loud, point, the sound went to hell. The replacement did not have this issue.

Lordsummit above makes good points.
Other than that, you are not the first person to put "Naim" and "harsh" in the same sentence. Especially with metal tweeters. I would avoid both.
He didn't put them in the same sentence. You did. He put "(Naim) cd front end sounds, dynamic, warm and musical" in the same sentence.

Tried a Nait 3 a few years ago with some focal speakers I had at the time and the sound was very bright. Personally I wouldn't think a change of streamer would help if its still playing through the same dac. Monitor Audio loudspeakers are some how perceived as being a bit full on but I didn't find my ga20s bright at all, I would point the finger at the amp.

He didn't put them in the same sentence. You did. He put "(Naim) cd front end sounds, dynamic, warm and musical" in the same sentence.
Top class pedantry.

Meanwhile my post addresses his problem, which is that his metal domed tweeter system and Naim amps sound nasty under certain circumstances. I advise moving away from one or both. What's your contribution?

Top class pedantry.

Meanwhile my post addresses his problem, which is that his metal domed tweeter system and Naim amps sound nasty under certain circumstances. I advise moving away from one or both. What's your contribution?
Not remotely pedantic, you reversed the entire meaning of the contributor's reported experience of his 2 items of Naim equipment when used in combination. My contribution isn't required as it has been stated by others already .. his Naim stuff sounds great, his Chord item sounds rubbish .. I'm sure you can do the maths.

I always use Metal Domed speakers with NAP 250 amps but the Naits are probably a good argument not to.

If someone was asking me if they should join this forum, I'd point them at this thread. About 10% actually useful, 45% irrelevant because they didn't bother reading the previous posts and 45% nasty name calling / trolling.

advertisement

Back