advertisement

Multi-function football thread 2019/20 season II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great defensive performance by Burnley, highlighted by outstanding goalkeeping. LFC had many opportunities to win, but could not find the net. Hopefully their form improves, and they can finish the season with three wins.

Terrific performance by Sheff Utd. but an absolute horror show all over the pitch by Chelsea.
When you lose 3 nil and the keeper is probably your best player it's time to worry!
Bayern will be brickin' it Jack.:D

Mmm, it wasn't so good. I fell asleep after the third Sheffield Utd goal. The Chelsea defence was appalling. Utd were smart and sharp on the attack.

Rudiger gave the ball to a Utd player in the box as he fell over. Kepa didn't even bother to try and save one goal. What a lazy twatwit. We'll be lucky if Bayern only beat us 6 - 0.

Jack

You can train him at Sheffield Utd if you like. Kepa is the most expensive goalkeeper in the world, but Chelsea would hopefully give you a discount if you bought him.

Jack
He might be the most expensive, that doesn’t make him good. Afraid he wouldn’t get in our side.

Kepa is pants but I will come to his defence (pun intended) regarding the 3 goals yesterday.
Goal 1 - a great initial save bearing in mind the strike was deflected - only to be let down by defenders who reacted slower to the loose ball than a forward (McGoldrick) who up until then had failed to find the net in the PL this season!
Goal 2 - Willian falls asleep and loses his man - pinpoint cross to the (naturally) unmarked McBurnie who buries his header right in the corner - imo no keeper would get anywhere near to saving it.
Goal 3 - Swift counter attack by Sheffield - Chelsea defence all over the place (difficult to imagine I know). Rudiger (not for the first time this season) appears to forget which side he's playing for and provides a wonderful assist for McGoldrick who gratefully doubles his tally for the match and season - Kepa once again absolutely no chance.
So all in all probably one of Kepa's (no don't laugh) better performances yesterday.

Kepa is pants but I will come to his defence (pun intended) regarding the 3 goals yesterday.

Goal 2 - Willian falls asleep and loses his man - pinpoint cross to the (naturally) unmarked McBurnie who buries his header right in the corner - imo no keeper would get anywhere near to saving it.

Mmm, I don't know about that. Kepa didn't even move, except to turn his head and watch the ball go in.

I think it was Christensen who ignored McBurnie behind him when the cross came into the box. He's been inept before. He passed the ball to Messi, who then scored, when Barcelona kicked us out of The Champions League at Stamford Bridge. Or maybe that was the first leg.

Jack

Chelsea fans - what is the main issue with Kepa? Didn't he cost a fortune because he was seen as the next big thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back