advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that everybody else talks about nothing else other than how they voted and this is ruining family reunions and dinner parties I think Brian is setting a fine example by not talking about his vote.

Anyone who really wants to know I suggest just proceeds on the basis of Brian having voted Leave, not least as given his oft expressed views it would be very strange if he had voted remain.

Sir Nigel, make haste to the Cinque Ports! It’s not brown people this time. Why oh why is Barnier makin more threats to hold Brexit Island exports at Calais? Could he have seen plans for the 1.2 square mile, 10,000 lorry park in Kent?

“Speaking to Express.co.uk, Mr Farage stated he expected more threats from the EU 27 in pursuit of a deal by the autumn.
He added: "It will be the same playbook right til the end.
"There will be threats from the member states.
"The strongest card Michel Barnier has is threatening that every single export to Europe will have to be taken to a holding area in Calais”.

I think Nigel takes his audience for thicker than we imagined.

Indeed. 'No-one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the British public', to misquote Mencken.

[Cue complaints about labelling people as 'thick', 'gullible twats' and 'mouth-breathers'].

Given that everybody else talks about nothing else other than how they voted and this is ruining family reunions and dinner parties I think Brian is setting a fine example by not talking about his vote.

Anyone who really wants to know I suggest just proceeds on the basis of Brian having voted Leave, not least as given his oft expressed views it would be very strange if he had voted remain.
Matthew,

I’ve assumed as an individual you deal in facts, but it seems that assumption was mistaken.

These are my ‘oft expressed views’, that according to you mean it can be assumed I voted leave.

In recent times I have asked what the advantages are of the EU over the EEC. Apparently there are none.
I hold in contempt anyone who has called for the referendum result to be ignored.
I have said that, in response to the endless wailing about the leave campaign, the remain campaign was not positive enough.
Hard remainers crying and stamping their feet like a tot for 4 years over the result of a democratic referendum not going their way are pathetic.
I hold the tories responsible for brexit, so those who voted for them, or voted in a way that enabled a tory seat have responsibility for where we are.

Assume whatever you like and advise the pfm hard remainer gang to act accordingly, it remains true you have no idea even of why I voted the way I did.

Indeed. 'No-one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the British public', to misquote Mencken.

[Cue complaints about labelling people as 'thick', 'gullible twats' and 'mouth-breathers'].

I believe the modern term is 'ill-informed'.

Sir Nigel, make haste to the Cinque Ports! It’s not brown people this time. Why oh why is Barnier makin more threats to hold Brexit Island exports at Calais? Could he have seen plans for the 1.2 square mile, 10,000 lorry park in Kent?

“Speaking to Express.co.uk, Mr Farage stated he expected more threats from the EU 27 in pursuit of a deal by the autumn.
He added: "It will be the same playbook right til the end.
"There will be threats from the member states.
"The strongest card Michel Barnier has is threatening that every single export to Europe will have to be taken to a holding area in Calais”.

I think Nigel takes his audience for thicker than we imagined.
Nigel is correct; the days of the smug smiles of Juncker and Barnier are long gone, all they can do now is threaten is it will hurt you more than it will hurt us. That is trade war talk and they will probably find they were correct that they will hurt our economy but they cannot blockade containers supplying goods from outside of the EU. Neither side will benefit from a trade war except of course other countries outside Europe.
It will not come to this because we are all basically broke, and a not BINO deal is on the way.

That’s Brian’s pitch.
Wot? and Eh? also available. You could try some numbersy stuff, economic advisor to the Metric Martyrs but that pitch is already occupied too.
Not much, though I do sometimes fail to understand people who lie about something and then try to argue about it.

Matthew,

I’ve assumed as an individual you deal in facts, but it seems that assumption was mistaken.

These are my ‘oft expressed views’, that according to you mean it can be assumed I voted leave.

In recent times I have asked what the advantages are of the EU over the EEC. Apparently there are none.
I hold in contempt anyone who has called for the referendum result to be ignored.
I have said that, in response to the endless wailing about the leave campaign, the remain campaign was not positive enough.
Hard remainers crying and stamping their feet like a tot for 4 years over the result of a democratic referendum not going their way are pathetic.
I hold the tories responsible for brexit, so those who voted for them, or voted in a way that enabled a tory seat have responsibility for where we are.

Assume whatever you like and advise the pfm hard remainer gang to act accordingly, it remains true you have no idea even of why I voted the way I did.

Apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick, but my impression of your views over the years has been one of EU scepticism, albeit in a "I am not convinced by this until someone can explain why I am wrong" rather than from a bad faith (like the radical free marketeers) or ideological (like the ultras) basis.

The Tories are, of course, responsible for Brexit as the whole thing is a result of their obsession. But people who voted for Brexit are also responsible, in fact literally so, if only because they fell into the the Tories trap.

BTW Anyone who has skewed their YouTube recommendations alt-right by watching Evergreen documentaries here's a hour of angry, heartfelt, high traffic lefty ranting to push it back.

Matthew,

You may not have intended to Brian, but you’ve certainly given me the impression of voting Brexit and quite rabidly so. But at the very least you have been looking for reasons to remain, without making a case for the benefits you expect from a project that has already cost more than we spent on contributions and bitterly divided the country, especially the opposition to the Tories, which has obviously delighted them.

I come at it from the point that of view that it’s up to people advocating an expensive and disruptive change to make a case for it, no matter what the subject. Not for the status quo to prove negatives.

Apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick, but my impression of your views over the years has been one of EU scepticism, albeit in a "I am not convinced by this until someone can explain why I am wrong" rather than from a bad faith (like the radical free marketeers) or ideological (like the ultras) basis.

The Tories are, of course, responsible for Brexit as the whole thing is a result of their obsession. But people who voted for Brexit are also responsible, in fact literally so, if only because they fell into the the Tories trap.
Do the ever more Europe EU not bear any responsibility for Brexit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back