advertisement

Rega Elicit humming sound coming from amp

Grady, you contacted me through a different forum and after several back and forth messages I invited you to take your Aethos to your local dealer for them to check and on your own admission the hum was not present in their premises / system, the conclusion being that something in your premises / system was causing the issue.

The following being your verbatim reply "just now from the dealer, the humm is not noticeable in the store. Seems It’s grounding problem. I still love this amp which Match with my Atc Scm 11. Ended with bringing this back home again"

Grady, you contacted me through a different forum and after several back and forth messages I invited you to take your Aethos to your local dealer for them to check and on your own admission the hum was not present in their premises / system, the conclusion being that something in your premises / system was causing the issue.

The following being your verbatim reply "just now from the dealer, the humm is not noticeable in the store. Seems It’s grounding problem. I still love this amp which Match with my Atc Scm 11. Ended with bringing this back home again"
Hi Paul, yes I am talking with my dealer again to find out as I notice the humm still there, even though I tried in another house. Not sure, perhaps in the store the humm wasn’t that clear due to the large room test.

I just want to know what others are experiencing and what they have done to solve.

https://streamable.com/yruh0v

Jan Peter, regarding your Aethos, I have investigated this thoroughly and neither Lintone Audio (supplying dealer) nor Mark previous owner were aware of any issue at all despite extensive listening and testing prior to being sold or being used by Mark at home. I have also been in direct correspondence with TAD and they are expecting your unit.

Hello Paul, thanks a lot! I have always been very impressed by the Rega support! Take care and keep continuing your good work! Let‘s see what is the issue... With regards to the thread titel, my Rega Elicit mk2 is dead silent.
Jan-Peter

Make sure your ground wire has a solid connection. I had a problem with my Elex-R and it was the ground wire not solidly connected.

advertisement

Back