advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you read through all what Krisw outlined it is not as simplistic as you try to make it. Is this one of your magic Brexit positives??? Is this what Farage and Blowjob were campaigning for? More places for UK students! The current arrangements have plenty of reciprocal opportunities for Scottish and all UK students in Europe. All universities struggle for cash flow and the foreign students bring funds in and often help to move universities up the league tables. Lets be honest Colin if University education was a bug bearer and driver of Brexit you would have been all over it well before now.

If the Scottish government say there is a cost saving of £18 million or £97 million pa depending on which measure they use and they are ending free and subsidised education for EU students, why should i disbelieve them?

There in lies the existential threat to Brexit England- from its own demographic shift. The elderly white nationalists will be gone in a few years and young voters who never wanted this but are expected to pay for it, will take their revenge on the party of the elderly white. Re-entry to Europe as a suplicant.
This assumes that a federal EU survives.

173 days to go, to find out out the size of the pig in a poke. Clue- there’ll be blue birds over the white cliffs of Dover and 10,000 lorries a day stuck in the new 1.2 square mile holding pen outside Dover.

173 days to go, to find out out the size of the pig in a poke. Clue- there’ll be blue birds over the white cliffs of Dover and 10,000 lorries a day stuck in the new 1.2 square mile holding pen outside Dover.

why don't you move to a country that's in line with your values?

i'm actually in a similar situation and in the process of figuring something out.

Morning Hugh,

Lovely day here at last after a bout of miserable wx.

I’m in a country that’s in line with my values- it’s called Scotland.

Where the white nationalists are apparently a pleasant variety, a rare type never seen before anywhere else on the planet.

There in lies the existential threat to Brexit England- from its own demographic shift. The elderly white nationalists will be gone in a few years and young voters who never wanted this but are expected to pay for it, will take their revenge on the party of the elderly white. Re-entry to Europe as a suplicant.
In a few years time those young voters will be older, their opinion may shift. All we need is a change of UK govt to go with what will be a general realisation Scotland will be economically badly damaged and a lot worse off by leaving the UK.

What will you do when you nationalists lose another ‘once in a generation referendum’ on the issue, assuming the tories allow one to happen, which is not likely anyway?

He’s a brilliant observer of Boris Johnson. I also like how he’s able to get right under the skin of Farage and the Daily Mail readership. Thanks for posting.

My bet still says it won't happen on 31 Dec or whenever the latest extended extension is. BINO or yet another extension, with Cv19 as the excuse.

A bit of extra holiday traffic was enough to fvck Eurotunnel yesterday. Customs checks will be a breeze.

My bet still says it won't happen on 31 Dec or whenever the latest extended extension is. BINO or yet another extension, with Cv19 as the excuse.

I think we’re past the point of being able to ask for an extension. Sadly I think Brexit will go ahead on schedule and the whole economic disaster will be pinned on Covid. Hope I’m wrong.

He’s a brilliant observer of Boris Johnson. I also like how he’s able to get right under the skin of Farage and the Daily Mail readership. Thanks for posting.
He is brilliant at thinking of new ways of spending other peoples money, it is a win win for Belgium. When the band stops playing and the EU luxury liner slips beneath the waves he will be safely in a lifeboat, no doubt giving an out of the ashes a phoenix will arise speech.
18794.jpeg

He is brilliant at thinking of new ways of spending other peoples money, it is a win win for Belgium. When the band stops playing and the EU luxury liner slips beneath the waves he will be safely in a lifeboat, no doubt giving an out of the ashes a phoenix will arise speech.
18794.jpeg

So which is it Colin. Are the net contributors exploiting the net beneficiaries, or are they being taken by them? I know you've been asked before and as usual you dodged the question - but you really can't have this contribution argument both ways. As for the ship that has scuttled itself hoping others might join them - that really is rather pathetic.

Once again you are hoping for failure elsewhere to take the focus off your own.

Where the white (Scottish) nationalists are apparently a pleasant variety, a rare type never seen before anywhere else on the planet.

Apparently there's a greetings line up of them in a layby as you cross the 'border'. They shout at drivers heading north to 'f*ck off back to England'.

My 20 year old step daughter had to give up on Glasgow University. She gave it her best, but eventually got fed up of people telling her that she was a 'vile English pig' and other such niceties on the bus. I know that the good folk of Glasgow have a reputation for being straight-talking, but I think that was probably taking a bit far. She's a quarter Scottish, incidentally, but her voice didn't fit.

I watched the clip, but I heard no mention of Johnson, Farage or the Daily Mail readership, or indeed the UK or Brexit. As for being an brilliant observer of Boris, well he would be, he's cut from the same cloth, just a lot more pugnacious and ill-mannered. Nasty piece of work.

What was the upshot of that particular rant, incidentally? He was talking about the need for 'a new EU' - did he mean more EU, or did he mean reform? Unfortunately the clip was cropped.

The chance of an extension ended in June aiui.

The opportunity of a second referendum and remaining in the EU disappeared in Dec 2019 when people voted tory and/or in a way that helped enable tory seats. It will be a ‘proper hard tory brexit’.

So which is it Colin. Are the net contributors exploiting the net beneficiaries, or are they being taken by them? I know you've been asked before and as usual you dodged the question - but you really can't have this contribution argument both ways. As for the ship that has scuttled itself hoping others might join them - that really is rather pathetic.

Once again you are hoping for failure elsewhere to take the focus off your own.
Ah, it’s all about the ukip fly tipping, google finger well exercised and from someone who know the price of everything and the value of nothing. brexits going to hurt but mustn’t grumble- can always point to other countries

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back