advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve, no faux outrage. You are talking bollocks, and just in case you are in any doubt about it, take it from me, you are talking bollocks. No hidden meaning, no caged implications.

Brian has also pointed this out to you with stark clarity. Bollocks is as bollocks does etc.

Steve, no faux outrage. You are talking bollocks, and just in case you are in any doubt about it, take it from me, you are talking bollocks. No hidden meaning, no caged implications.

Brian has also pointed this out to you with stark clarity. Bollocks is as bollocks does etc.
He won’t have seen it. He likes to inform the membership he has me on ignore. :) All part of needing to grow up, I think.

On a serious note. The fabrication and misrepresentation does become boring.

I will reply to you again.

As I said earlier...

Regarding your second question on the positives of brexit. istm I answered that ages ago, but possibly as a ‘new member’ you missed it. I suggest the built in search function, or use google to search the forum. This should help satisfy your interest.

Next..

Confident enough to tell us why you think 'hard remainers' are undemocratic...?

The positive benefits of brexit, if there are to be any, are currently unknown, as we haven't yet brexited.

Why are you so obsessed about how Brian voted, ffs? He doesn't wish to share it, and it is anyway of absolutely no consequence to you or anyone else here.

Calm down, EV. Give your amygdala a rest.

No, it won't. Remember: up to five times as much money for a foreign student. Most universities already run an intake policy were X% of places are reserved for foreign students. All this means is that they'll replace the EU students who've stopped applying with a few more Chinese students instead. It's down to money.

This move will not create more places for domestic students. Universities have to maintain high entry standards - it's part of maintaining their reputation, and they do this by reducing availability of places to local students who enter via UCAS (or equivalent national selection services). You set out a course with 30 places, reserve 10 for foreigners, and put 20 onto selection. Then in your prospectus, you publish the lowest A-level results that won a place last year beside the "30 places available", without mentioning that that A-level result was obtained by the 20th person in, not the 30th. The other ten places are auctioned off with the university itself choosing who to admit...
Do the Chinese pay with real money?

Nope

You know, an adult would just apologise for making stuff up, not do it again and move on.

Ironic how you labelled me an obnoxious individual for being unhappy when you crapped all over a thread I started.

I certainly have a deep contempt for the EU, but I equally certainly don't want it to 'fail', although my interpretation of failure might be very different to yours. I would like to have seen the EU completely reconsider its direction - 'fundamentally' reform. It has shown itself time and time again systemically incapable of any change of direction, let alone reform. The problem is that its systemic incapacity to reform is risking its own existence. If it implodes, it will have entirely brought it upon itself.

Of course I do. I'm not so arrogant as to be unable to see that, otherwise I wouldn't have said it.
I think you know which entity will have to reform first because it’s under existential threat and which leader will blink first.

If you read through all what Krisw outlined it is not as simplistic as you try to make it. Is this one of your magic Brexit positives??? Is this what Farage and Blowjob were campaigning for? More places for UK students! The current arrangements have plenty of reciprocal opportunities for Scottish and all UK students in Europe. All universities struggle for cash flow and the foreign students bring funds in and often help to move universities up the league tables. Lets be honest Colin if University education was a bug bearer and driver of Brexit you would have been all over it well before now.

The Scottish government don't appear to see the bigger picture you describe and believe they will have a net saving of £19 million; the other figure reported was a total funding cost of £97 million.Apologies for the source but it was the only one not behind a pay wall, i do try to use the Guardian when available.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/poli...tion-fees-university-free-tuition-eu-students
Our friends at the Guardian suggest freebies.
On 24 June, universities minister Michelle Donelan announced that, as a consequence of Brexit, EU and EEA students would be classified as overseas students starting from the 2021/22 academic year. They will be charged full tuition (up to £20,000 in some cases), lose access to the tuition fee loan, and no longer be eligible for many needs-based funds. It signalled the end of a brief period of time when it seemed UK universities could serve international social and academic mobility.
https://www.theguardian.com/educati...pay-higher-fees-is-a-blow-for-social-mobility

Please stop immediately with these uncomfortable facts you are completely embarrassing Colin. Well your not but he should be embarrassed or go off and do a lot of home work.

No, it won't. Remember: up to five times as much money for a foreign student. Most universities already run an intake policy were X% of places are reserved for foreign students. All this means is that they'll replace the EU students who've stopped applying with a few more Chinese students instead. It's down to money.

This move will not create more places for domestic students. Universities have to maintain high entry standards - it's part of maintaining their reputation, and they do this by reducing availability of places to local students who enter via UCAS (or equivalent national selection services). You set out a course with 30 places, reserve 10 for foreigners, and put 20 onto selection. Then in your prospectus, you publish the lowest A-level results that won a place last year beside the "30 places available", without mentioning that that A-level result was obtained by the 20th person in, not the 30th. The other ten places are auctioned off with the university itself choosing who to admit...

The over 45s.

The older the voters, the more likely they were to have voted to leave the EU.
Nearly three quarters (73%) of 18 to 24 year-olds voted to remain, falling to under two thirds (62%) among 25-34s.
A majority of those aged over 45 voted to leave, rising to 60% of those aged 65 or over.
Most people with children aged ten or under voted to remain; most of those with children aged 11 or older voted to leave.

LR-by-demographics-768x720.jpg

https://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/how-the-united-kingdom-voted-and-why/

There in lies the existential threat to Brexit England- from its own demographic shift. The elderly white nationalists will be gone in a few years and young voters who never wanted this but are expected to pay for it, will take their revenge on the party of the elderly white. Re-entry to Europe as a suplicant.

There in lies the existential threat to Brexit England- from its own demographic shift. The elderly white nationalists will be gone in a few years and young voters who never wanted this but are expected to pay for it, will take their revenge on the party of the elderly white. Re-entry to Europe as a suplicant.

I think it could move a lot slower than that which is tragic for all of us. But if it means BJ can be PM sure isn't that enough to count it all as a success. He might be succeeded by that Duchy of wherever. The UK can move on to even greater heights

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back