advertisement

EWA LS-20 vs LS-25 Speaker Cable

Neither Colin or Alan indicated in their respective responses above that the cable in question was no longer available. In fact, their replies would indicate that LS-25 remains available.

Colin/Alan - can you confirm the current situation regarding the availability of the (LS-25) cable?

This is from the ABCaudio blog for 30 May 2018

"On the subject of news, there is still little information on the availability of LS-25. EWA are currently unable to fund the production of this extraordinary cable, although ABCaudio now have permission to do so ourselves. However, we cannot yet fund it either. We are looking into ways of making this happen in the future - look out for one of those GDPR compliant emails!"

“As far as i can see, LS25 won’t be available anymore, ..?”
“Hope that is fake news”
......sorry, I wasn’t very clear!
I really meant currently unavailable!

Gents,

EWA LS-25 is available once again, thanks to the support of the audiophile community who were willing to trust in Colin's provenance, and in the sincerity of strangers.

Thanks to these wonderful supporters, we crowd funded the production costs of LS-25 in advance.

We can now supply EWA LS-25, LS-20 & LS-5 - a superb range of loudspeaker cables.

MC-5 mains cable is still a favourite product, with two new variants available soon (one of which we are very excited about).

IC-5 is now out of stock, but we hope to get it manufactured very soon (under our own steam!)

We also directly supply EWA pre-amps: single ended A class M-50-P and Q-20-P.

EWA power amps: Class A push/pull M-50, Q-20 and M-100 (Krell eater).

Integrated amps: Claymore, Oberon (very special)

(Only available on application ATM)

A very happy LS-25, IC-5 and MC-5 (x3) owner here. Had them over a year now. There is something about these cables and the full loom that sounds so right. Interested to see what the new mains cables are like too.

I had forgotten to write my impressions after receiving the LS25 speaker cables.

Compared to the Tellurium Black that I had before, these are able to make music sound more articulate, natural and effortless.
As @Finkfan put it, there's something in them that helps the stereo setup sound "right".

It's even more difficult to stop listening to music now.

Have been reading all the posts about how good the ls25 cables are and though I will put my5 pence experience for these.
Have these cables connected to a devialet 200 and audio physic virgo 5 .
Have also had a tq ultra blacks before.
At the moment also own a black rhodium Athena.
From my memory it's easy for me to distinguish tq ultra blacks have been superior and black rhodium Athena both these cables are higher class cables than ls25 in my view but they are also more expensive.
The ls25 were a lot better value before ABC audio took over and now they are almost double the price as far as i can see.

Last edited:
After about 2 weeks post purchasing the LS25 cables. I forgot about speaker cables altogether. My experience was, it took about 48 hours for my ears to fully adjust although, the improvement over what I had previously, was both immediately apparent and night and day in terms of detail clarity depth etc.

For me, the LS-25s are still excellent value for money, even at the new, more realistic prices.
It took a number of weeks for my 3m set to settle down, but I didn’t leave any music running whilst I wasn’t around. From the start they were far superior to the TQ blacks they replaced.

Based on the experience in this thread, would the LS-25 offer an improvement on the Tellerium Black 2? I need some longer length cables and need to decide wether to stick with Black 2 or twist and go with the 25s...

Based on the experience in this thread, would the LS-25 offer an improvement on the Tellerium Black 2? I need some longer length cables and need to decide wether to stick with Black 2 or twist and go with the 25s...
I would go with the ls-25 its a great cable worth every penny my tq black 2 is now in my second system.

TQ Black 2 is a nice cable (had it), but LS-25 is considerably better, much better bass control, image width/depth, detail. Worth it if you can afford to.

advertisement

Back