advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... III

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don’t seem to have shown any propensity to head into the fields to pick the fruit appearing on supermarket shelves . Nor complain about the the charter planes full of Romanians comin in to do the work for them. Busy guarding the statues and getting pissed probably

And heading to Bournemouth or whatever beaches facilitate cliff diving

More like what? I've written the same thing several times.
I have nothing to offer you but Brexit, sweat and tears. We have faced the Germans before, now we must face them again. The massed ranks of BMW s are assembling at the ferry ports and will be repelled. Cometh the hour, cometh the man. I ask you now to join the massed choir of Mulletspoons in the singing of the theme from "Dambusters" . May God have mercy on us all.
[/Churchill]

I have nothing to offer you but Brexit, sweat and tears. We have faced the Germans before, now we must face them again. The massed ranks of BMW s are assembling at the ferry ports and will be repelled. Cometh the hour, cometh the man. I ask you now to join the massed choir of Mulletspoons in the singing of the theme from "Dambusters" . May God have mercy on us all.
[/Churchill]
It begs the question, after four years what was it really all about?

aVwaqEc.jpg

It’s a sad ending.

[/Churchill]
On a similar theme, The Guardian is warning of a 48% increase in the cost of beef from ROI; maybe South American beef sales are going to rocket, which was planned. Oranges from Spain 12%; it looks as if South African Oranges sales will increase, tariff free they are cheaper anyway. Trousers from Italy 12%; more imports from the far east. Drinking glasses from Poland; Chinese glass imports.
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...se-cost-of-uk-household-staples-say-retailers

On a similar theme, The Guardian is warning of a 48% increase in the cost of beef from ROI; maybe South American beef sales are going to rocket, which was planned. Oranges from Spain 12%; it looks as if South African Oranges sales will increase, tariff free they are cheaper anyway. Trousers from Italy 12%; more imports from the far east. Drinking glasses from Poland; Chinese glass imports.
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...se-cost-of-uk-household-staples-say-retailers
Do you really still think leaving the EU is a good idea Colin?

For the kids in Scotland who don't get one of the free 21,500 places given to EU students the cost is about £27,000 in fees for their degree in England.
That sort of logic sits right alongside "we got 1 million people unemployed in this country, and 1 million immigrants. The solutions obvious, innit? Stanstereason dunnit?"

That sort of logic sits right alongside "we got 1 million people unemployed in this country, and 1 million immigrants. The solutions obvious, innit? Stanstereason dunnit?"
Are you suggesting they could not have filled those free places with Scottish students? The politicians in the articles don't appear to agree with you.

So Brexit is a leap of faith and nothing more? Call me Mr. Fussy, if you will, but I prefer to have some facts and likely costs vs benefits to the UK before deciding on whether such a hugely complex and complexly huge undertaking is a good idea or not.

That would require employing the brain's executive function. Brexiteers prefer to use their amygdalas.

Not sure 17,410,741 voters would agree.

The over 45s.

The older the voters, the more likely they were to have voted to leave the EU.
Nearly three quarters (73%) of 18 to 24 year-olds voted to remain, falling to under two thirds (62%) among 25-34s.
A majority of those aged over 45 voted to leave, rising to 60% of those aged 65 or over.
Most people with children aged ten or under voted to remain; most of those with children aged 11 or older voted to leave.

LR-by-demographics-768x720.jpg

https://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/how-the-united-kingdom-voted-and-why/

The over 45s.

The older the voters, the more likely they were to have voted to leave the EU.
Nearly three quarters (73%) of 18 to 24 year-olds voted to remain, falling to under two thirds (62%) among 25-34s.
A majority of those aged over 45 voted to leave, rising to 60% of those aged 65 or over.
Most people with children aged ten or under voted to remain; most of those with children aged 11 or older voted to leave.

LR-by-demographics-768x720.jpg

https://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/how-the-united-kingdom-voted-and-why/
We have left the EU.

it's a bit more nuanced than you suggest, but the answer is more or less "yes". University places are not seats on a bus.

I advised similarly that there are many factors. One would hope Scotland, Ireland etc would bias their places towards their own to ensure you get a balance of students. Colin either chooses to believe the seats on a bus route or he is simply a google bot created by TonyL to keep the post count up on the site ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back