advertisement

Help needed to service a Quad 405

faz

spaceman
Hi

I'm loving my recently acquired Quad 44/405 combination. Finally my Tannoys are sounding how I think they should sound. There is however a small issue. I've got a hum in the left channel. It's there irrespective of what I do with the pre-amp. In fact I can disconnect the pre altogether and the hum is still there. It's not loud but it's there and I'd like to get it fixed. Can anyone recommend someone not a million miles from Worthing,West Sussex who could have a look at it? If it's a simple fix I'd consider having a look myself, but I don't want to bust it! I'm loathe to box it up and send it off somewhere - too much hassle.

Cheers
Mike

If the 405 has phono inputs, it's worth checking to make sure the one for the dicky channel is properly isolated from the casework. I've had this problem with Quad power amps in the past.

If you still need help I might be able to service this for you. I visit Worthing every tuesday from the Portsmouth area and have experience of working on Quad gear. PM if interested

Hi. I've ended up getting another 405! At least then I can get the humming one fixed at my leisure.

Cheers
Mike

advertisement

Back