advertisement

This is only for those who think the mains can make a difference...

I don’t wish to be rude or offensive, but this is posted in jest, no?

No. Just making people aware that Kemp mains products exist.

I am always getting asked about how to build the best mains installation, sometimes with no expense spared where someone is building a specific music room and wants the very best mains installation.

“Similar to any other audio product, accessories need to break in. This means the accessory should be in the system a certain amount of time before the impact will be optimal. For instance, this is obvious in the case of audio grade fuses. Typically, these need to break in for at least a week. One should keep this in mind when judging the effects of accessories.”

Okey dokey

"Break in" is another way of saying "Your mind is finally convincing itself that there is definitely an improvement and you definitely did not waste your money".
Yes, but don't dare tell anyone who hears a difference that there is a possibility that they have imagined it, or that their ears are any less reliable than a freshly-calibrated oscilloscope.

Anyone who believes a gold plated, cryogenically treated and demagnetised fuse can somehow reduce mains noise - needs help.

In fact I have the facility to do all that for next to nothing, so will I waste my time.... ?

This could be useful for swingers party's though at 1500 Euro's is a little minty.
highend_novum_pmr-1000.png

Just use one of these for £ 200.

Paiste%20900%20Series%20Heavy%20Hi-Hat%20Cymbals%20Zoom.jpg

I consider myself to be very lucky : my amplifier has its own transformer, rectifiers, filtering capacitors/accumulators so it generates its own proper current it needs to feed my speakers and work fine. I can save a lot of money ! :D

i can imagine that making more of a difference than a fuse. In fact I can see how that might actually work and improve the sound when placed correctly. What an interesting idea! - has this been discussed before on PFM? It needs a thread of its own if not!

Indeed. It is much like the Franck Tchang products. When exhibiting at the last Frankfurt Show in 2003, my room was fully treated with Franck Tchang resonators by Thomas Fast of Fast Audio. The difference it made was hard to believe... I still have trouble getting my head around it...

advertisement

Back