advertisement

Exposure 3010S2 CD Player vs. upcoming XM CD Player

matthias

pfm Member
Hi guys,

looking for a new Exposure CD player which one would be the better sounding choice?
I have heard that the upcoming XM CD player will be superior to the 3010S2 CD player.
Is this true?
Has someone listened at Bristol or another place to the new XM CD player?
There are rumours that the XM CD will be delayed and will be launched in autumn or later.
Thanks

Matt

Hi guys,

looking for a new Exposure CD player which one would be the better sounding choice?
I have heard that the upcoming XM CD player will be superior to the 3010S2 CD player.
Is this true?
Has someone listened at Bristol or another place to the new XM CD player?
There are rumours that the XM CD will be delayed and will be launched in autumn or later.
Thanks

Matt

The XM CD is aimed squarely between the 2010S2 and the 3010S2 players. So far I have only seen and not heard the XM CD, but Exposure chose the 3010S2 to demo their new flagship 5010 series pre/power amplifiers in Bristol. I love the half-width XM cases and think the XM CD will add a extra little fun and theatre to changing discs with its top-loading drawer, but I suspect that the 3010S2 will continue to be the best sounding player in the range. The new price list arrived on Tuesday and the the XM CD is not on it, which suggests that it is still at least a few months away.

Thanks.
at the moment the 3010S2 CD seems to be on sale at some dealers. Does this mean it will be discontinued?

Matt

Thanks.
at the moment the 3010S2 CD seems to be on sale at some dealers. Does this mean it will be discontinued?

Matt
Looks like both the 1010 and the 3010 CD players have been removed from the Exposure website. I would expect this new XM player to be pretty good - hope to hear it at Bristol.

Any more info on how the XM compares to the 3010s2 CD Player? It seems the 3010s2 has been discontinued as well..

Thanks

It seems to have been, only the XM CD and the DAC (and DAC boards) from Exposure. They seem to be concentrating on the amps again.
Having said that, there's a 3010S2 CD on fleabay at a stupidly affordable price....

I recently bought a 2010 CDS2 from a dealer. The 2010 CD is also no longer in production. I am very satisfied with the player, plays better than the Rega Apollo CDP.

Very happy with my 3010s2, to the point that I buy fewer records. Good price on that eBay one.

advertisement

Back