advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is what we eat decided by cost, choice or availability?

I suspect it is a combination of all three, plus habit. But what we habitually eat is, I understand, mostly caught by the EU fishing fleet, in EU waters, so it's availability and cost will both get worse, from the consumer's perspective, next year. This is likely to lead to a reduction in the choice. It'll be a bit like the 1950s again.

Hopefully the fish stocks will increase. Quotas and the type of fishing set by the UK sounds ok; the key word again is control.

When a situation is dictated by new circumstances, it's not control Colin. The objective would be to profitably sell fish while managing stocks. So epic fail and you take as consolation the unplanned increase in stocks that results from not meeting the objective. You are back to your "we've saved money by not trading" fixation.

When a situation is dictated by new circumstances, it's not control Colin. The objective would be to profitably sell fish while managing stocks. So epic fail and you take as consolation the unplanned increase in stocks that results from not meeting the objective. You are back to your "we've saved money by not trading" fixation.
For years there have been reports of falling fish stocks, massive factory ships and electric shock fishing ships. This is an opportunity to take back control.

For years there have been reports of falling fish stocks, massive factory ships and electric shock fishing ships. This is an opportunity to take back control.
Do you honestly think that Brexit will stop them? Really? All they will do is land their catches in EU rather than paying port fees to the UK.

None of that makes any sense, nor am I daft enough to think you give a shite about fish stocks. Keep trying to think of some positives of being isolated in a global world where large blocs will dictate.

None of that makes any sense, nor am I daft enough to think you give a shite about fish stocks. Keep trying to think of some positives of being isolated in a global world where large blocs will dictate.
The cod are getting British passports.

The cod are getting British passports.

You mean one of those new black ones?

ribbonblack.gif

:)

Well, we're all getting fat. National Service and some rationing would do us the world of good.
Yes but it won’t be you. As ever, the chair wetting Kipper Demographic expects the young to carry the can for their disorderly evacuation from Europe. Not only that, they want to rub their noses in someone else’s urine patch while they’re at it.

4uOvm86.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back