advertisement

Bad morning commute

Yank

Bulbous Also Tapered
bUmuBBc.jpg
mo9tSxb.jpg

The curb jumped out at me!

I did that within the the first hour of buying a new car. Hit the curb coming off an unfamiliar roundabout and bent the front n/s wishbone. You have my sympathies; fingers crossed it's only a new tyre.

In the meantime, I know someone who can get that through the MOT for you for 20 Bensons.

I took out both near side tyres simultaneously like that on a dark wet morning coming off a roundabout. Worse though was finding out that the builders we had in our house left screws along with other crap in our gravel drive. I lost five tyres over a couple of years with screws in them. The gravel chips work beautifully to position the screws as you drive over.

Funny how the kerb always gets the blame :rolleyes:

Bit like " the car lost control "

No, the driver did !

Funnily enough, I also did this a new car. Fortunately it was a hire car - a Hyundai i40 estate with 40 miles on the clock.

Ouch :(

Hate that. One of the reasons I'm happy enough run uncool large sidewall / old school rally-car style rubber on the daily runabout. Round here the old 'Keep 'er between the hedges' has been supplanted by 'Keep 'er between the potholes' :)

Out of curiosity Yank - was the tyre fully inflated at the time of the bump ?

advertisement

Back