advertisement

The 2020 F1 Season

Did I imagine it or did the in car footage show Lewis give a very quick twitch of the steering to the left just as Albon's rear tyre came alongside Lewis' front wheel?
This might explain why the stewards penalised Lewis for "causing an accident".

You imagined it. He didn't move the steering at all either left or right. Whether he could have tightened his line to avoid the collision, only he will know. I think it was a harsh penalty, I wonder if they'll appeal it?

Whether he could have tightened his line to avoid the collision, only he will know.

Toto has already stated Lewis was on full lock, and data would back this up. So his only option would be to back off. Why would he back off if there was enough room for Lando to pass?

To me, this was a racing incident. It’s too easy to over analyse something that happened in a fraction of a second. As Brundle said at the time of the incident, Albon needs to have patience. He would have passed Lewis with ease and grabbed a lot of points for his team (barring the subsequent car failure) so why risk it all?

"It was just a misjudgement for Lewis at the end of the day, and it'd be good if he apologised for it."

"I thought if I give him as much space as I can give him, it was up to him if he wants to crash or not and yeah..."

This post may not be popular, but I think if any of you are Lewis fans you'd better get ready for a bumpy ride this season..... as Lewis says he was told to not raise the subject of racism a few years ago (by who he didn't/wouldn't say, but obviously someone in the upper echelons of F1), but now he has I'm just betting that the stewards will find against him more than a few times this season... F1 does not like its feathers ruffled.

Same difference. It showed who was uncomfortable with an act of anti-racism solidarity.
We need to find a less problematic way of showing solidarity. Taking the knee can be seen by as showing subservience. There surely will be a correlation with people who are racist and won't take the physical position which can be interpreted as showing subservience but there will be others who are not racist and see subservience as a bad thing.

Let's not judge people until we have a better way to show solidarity - how about up to 3 ways, if someone can't find one of the three then there's cause to doubt them. Trying to compel people to comply with the knee by criticising them will in the end only exacerbate racism. Sorry...this not an F1 topic but for me, it highlighted the issue.

My personal feeling is that taking a knee centre stage at a sporting event in a large open space is not subservient. Taking a knee directly in front of a crowd people is subservient, just as when I've worked in Japan I've not taken to bowing. I can also understand that people will see this in differing ways.

No, it just showed who was uncomfortable with that particular display of anti racism. You can take the knee, or applaud others for doing it, as a whitey I'd feel taking the knee myself a bit odd.

No, and it strongly hints you're not a massive hypocrite as well.

I find these groups think examples of emotional compliance anathema too. Don't clap for the NHS, vote for an mp who fights for the NHS.

Appears to finally close the door for Vettel for 2021...... unless... Hamilton wins 7th WDC and walks away from the sport... leaving Vettel at Mercedes.

Albon went outside of Lewis, Lewis was on full lock.

If lewis had braked they would have touched sooner.

There's nothing lewis could do to prevent this short of entering the corner slower and letting the car that was behind him, at the entry to the corner, just drive round him.

Its totally not Lewis's fault its a racing incident caused by the mismatch in grip.

Basically Albon should not have gone for the move and take the risk at that point if he had been patient he could easily have got past under drs as the Mercedes had to slow up due to problems and was off its normal pace .He does not seem to like the long game and hence he has had quite a few similar incidents

It was interesting to note who wouldn’t ’take the knee’ at the start of the race.
It’s an interesting comparison with footballers in the UK who, as far as I know, have all taken the knee. It’s only a matter of time before:

1. there’s howls of derision because one of them refuses to do it

2.someone attributes an injury to it

3. Jack Grealish falls over doing it

advertisement

Back