advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you spell it out for me? I just can't get my brain round it, I didn't sleep well last night. Is it the swab test or the antibody test?

If it's the swab test, I didn't realise that it would identify asymptomatic infected people. Makes me wonder why we don't just give it to all those asymptomatic people who Test and Trace instruct to self isolate.

If it was the antibody test, I don't follow your point about them becoming symptomatic.

Unfortunately I can't find the report, only the conclusions.
Would it matter?

Would you spell it out for me? I just can't get my brain round it, I didn't sleep well last night. Is it the swab test or the antibody test?

If it's the swab test, I didn't realise that it would identify asymptomatic infected people. Makes me wonder why we don't just give it to all those asymptomatic people who Test and Trace instruct to self isolate.

If it was the antibody test, I don't follow your point about them becoming symptomatic.

Unfortunately I can't find the report, only the conclusions.

Pillar 2, so swab test. There isn't much at the web link I agree.

For all those going down the pub thinking I'm young a mild dose won't matter this is sobering reading.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jul/06/coronavirus-covid-19-mild-symptoms-who

Indeed. This chap same age as me and sounds horrible:

"Cordero entered the emergency room on 30 March and had a succession of health setbacks including mini-strokes, blood clots, sepsis infections, a tracheostomy and a temporary pacemaker implant. He had been on a ventilator and unconscious and had his right leg amputated. A double lung transplant was being explored."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...tar-dies-aged-41-of-coronavirus-complications

For all those going down the pub thinking I'm young a mild dose won't matter this is sobering reading.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jul/06/coronavirus-covid-19-mild-symptoms-who

I don't want to underplay the danger and have no intention of not socially distancing or anything like it, but I'm also wary of the wide range of scaremongering that is possible with so many unknowns. I don't see how being hospitalised however 'briefly' for fever, cough and SOB as a 26 year old can be called a 'mild' case.

If there are cases of younger people developing complications having been asymptomatic or with self limiting sniffle/cough - that would be something quite different.

Indeed. This chap same age as me and sounds horrible:

"Cordero entered the emergency room on 30 March and had a succession of health setbacks including mini-strokes, blood clots, sepsis infections, a tracheostomy and a temporary pacemaker implant. He had been on a ventilator and unconscious and had his right leg amputated. A double lung transplant was being explored."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...tar-dies-aged-41-of-coronavirus-complications

It may be worth knowing that in Italy, out of 33542 deaths only 82 have been to people under 40. About a quarter of a percent. It definitely is a much lower risk for younger people.

It may be worth knowing that in Italy, out of 33542 deaths only 82 have been to people under 40. About a quarter of a percent. It definitely is a much lower risk for younger people.
That's risk of death. What about infecting others, long term health issues etc?

Apologies in advance if I am over-sharing, but I still have a really odd after-effect of Covid. In common with many Covid-19 sufferers, I completely lost my sense of smell and taste. We were confirmed Covid positive in late April, and the sense of smell and taste disappeared suddenly, over the space of a morning, within a few days of that, so before the end of April.

The sense of smell (and taste) has been returning, but is nowhere near as sensitive as it was before. I can hardly smell cooking onions, for example, and don't get very much aroma from wine, or hoppy craft beer. But I was surprised yesterday evening, at dusk, when I noticed the smell of the Nicotianas in the garden. So, it's patchy. But the oddest thing, and the reason for this post, is that I can't smell my farts. Nothing, not a hint. Nor do I smell anything when picking up the dog mess after she has toileted, nor my own visits to the loo, for that matter. And it's not that the aroma is muted, there's just no suggestion of it, at all.

I reckon once I can smell my farts again, I'll consider my sense of smell fully returned.

So when did human evolution start going into reverse? I blame Tony Blair.

Recent survey reported on Sky News "spoke to 1,663 people in Britain, with 6% saying they definitely wouldn't get vaccinated. A further 10% said they would "probably not" while another 15% said they did not know, taking the numbers of those who may not get vaccinated against the deadly disease up to almost a third of those surveyed."

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...s-wouldnt-use-a-vaccine-for-covid-19-12022735

There are reports of a higher % of younger adults in hospital in the USA due to Covid. Is it mutating ? Or just foolishness...

Hancock is a disgrace to his office. He’s stood up in the Commons telling the public that pubs and hairdressers are buzzing again- seconds after enumerating the number of people who have just died or are on mechanical ventilation.

Repeatedly asked if he agrees with Boris Johnson’s disgraceful attack on care home workers as being responsible for the deaths, he brushes it off. Shtum, it’s all about the pubs opening. Similarly asked why the rate of new infections per capita under his watch is nine times higher than in Scotland and the death rate currently six times higher per capita. Nothing, it’s as if it’s someone else’s gig.

This is what populist government looks like in the flesh. A dilute version of Trump’s America. It’s all about the pubs, the package hols and the hairdressers. All about good news stories from Boris. He even named and praised three pubs for shutting after being involved in outbreaks.

So when did human evolution start going into reverse? I blame Tony Blair.

Recent survey reported on Sky News "spoke to 1,663 people in Britain, with 6% saying they definitely wouldn't get vaccinated. A further 10% said they would "probably not" while another 15% said they did not know, taking the numbers of those who may not get vaccinated against the deadly disease up to almost a third of those surveyed."

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...s-wouldnt-use-a-vaccine-for-covid-19-12022735

Iraq war, vaccination, faith schools, Spin, PFI...not looking a great legacy.

Some strong evidence emerging that covid 19 can be airborne rather than just droplet/aerosol based (NYT). Anyone still want to get on a tube or go to a pub?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back