advertisement

System Pics 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. It’s about 6’ square, bought off internet rug site for not too much and nice to look at.

50071827581_4f47d819ea_b.jpg

Lovely room. Is that equipment rack made from a palette ? It's very cool whatever it is made from. I love a bit (a lot) of recycling :D

Lovely room. Is that equipment rack made from a palette ? It's very cool whatever it is made from. I love a bit (a lot) of recycling :D
Yes. The intention was recycling/cheap. However, the toughened glass alone cost a small fortune, so I’m pretty sure it’s landed well on its arse in any sort of cost/benefit analysis

New set up in my office for now. The decorator has been put back 2-3 weeks as he's managed to break a few fingers o_O:rolleyes:

We've started stripping the small room to decorate first, then the wife moves into the office with me and then it all gets moved upstairs (there's more room for the speakers then) ;)

So, all new JBL 308P MkII's fed by my 2020 Mac Mini via an SMSL DAC with balanced outs :D

Don't care what folk say and what speakers they've heard; these are bloody amazing straight out of the box! Their soundstage and how far it expands is astounding!

Last edited:
New set up in my office for now. The decorator has been put back 2-3 weeks as he's managed to break a few fingers o_O:rolleyes:

We've started stripping the small room to decorate first, then the wife moves into the office with me and then it all gets moved upstairs (there's more room for the speakers then) ;)

So, all new JBL 308P MkII's fed by my 2020 Mac Mini via an SMSL DAC with balanced outs :D

Don't care what folk say and what speakers they've heard; these are bloody amazing straight out of the box! Their soundstage and how far it expands is astounding!

I quite like that desk.Where can you buy
something like that?Thanks.

I quite like that desk.Where can you buy
something like that?Thanks.

They're the Oak desk and sideboard from Argos of all places.

I struggled to find one that I could fit my legs under (Oakfurnitureland etc were all too low) but the measurements for the Argos one met what I needed) :)

Well made and very sturdy/heavy too

Er did the matrix just reset?

I was deleted earlier, but I don’t think it was because of my picture, so here it is again:

2BFCAD64-970C-464E-A7ED-C731D3F7D79E by Kevin Thomas, on Flickr

My current setup with carefully posed album cover.

WT Versalex, DV20x2L, DV L300 mk1 + P300, DV HX1.2 mk2, Rega DACr, Auralic Aries Mini + Auralic PS, PS Audio ac regenerator, Shahinian Obelisks, Mogami cables.

regards

Kevin

A task I might attempt soon is to refinish the speakers in oak veneer, or alternatively build new cabinets from scratch, the latter gives me the possibility of upgrading the treble units to the Seas T25CF002 Millennium without butchering the current cabinets.

Link to KLS3 MK3

71Tb7WZ.jpg

kVbw9Ct.jpg

Kitchen system now has a mini Bluetooth chip-amp and an old laptop power supply I had kicking about (I'll probably shorten the fig 8 lead later) effectively eliminating it's footprint! Also what do you think of my advanced cork/paper/plastic/papyrus acoustic panel? :D

What's a mini Bluetooth chip-amp? Is there a streaming component somewhere out of picture?
It is a chip amp with a volume control and a Bluetooth receiver. This one has a usb input so you could use as a soundcard, and a line in, but I am just connecting by Bluetooth, so in effect my phone or iPad etc is acting as the streamer

Here I have the option of LS3/5a. I bought these earlier in the year for a house move and smaller space that hasn’t happened yet, so they have barely had any use. They will see some action if I decide to veneer the current KLS3 cabinets. I knocked the stands together from gash wood and painted them the same colour as the walls.

[url=https://postimg.cc/m134ygnB][/URL]

ps : The headphone stand is now not used.

Here I have the option of LS3/5a. I bought these earlier in the year for a house move and smaller space that hasn’t happened yet, so they have barely had any use. They will see some action if I decide to veneer the current KLS3 cabinets. I knocked the stands together from gash wood and painted them the same colour as the walls.

ps : The headphone stand is now not used.
What would it look like with the stand turned 45 degrees. Might give a more open and lighter look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back