advertisement

Your favourite strippers...?

HarryCrumb

pfm Member
No, I’m not talking about Dita Von Tease, or even Lilly Von Schtüpp. I’m looking for cheap reliable wire strippers, and preferably available from Farnell. Automatic would be nice but the main thing is accuracy I suppose. Small gauge wires.

Has anyone got any trusted favourites?

For single stranded cables I use a pair of CK wire strippers. For screened cables and small wires I tend to use a blade or just my thumb nail for something like cat5.

Not sure about favourite but I've had a set like these...
p_1_2_4_2_1242-thickbox_default-wire-stripper-crimper-e1449552889423.jpg

....for umpteen years that have not required replacing. I have a set of supposedly good automatic ones I used exclusively for solid core but they broke after a few of years of occasional use.

I've had a set like these... ...for umpteen years that have not required replacing. I have a set of supposedly good automatic ones I used exclusively for solid core but they broke after a few of years of occasional use.

They must be old because there was a set of those in the house when I was a teenager. Must have been my brothers, who’s been in to electronics since he could hold a screwdriver. I remember messing around with them, trying to crimp stuff, probably wasting all his crimps. I’m pretty sure they were part of a cheap set and will probably still be hanging around when we’re all gone and the cockroaches rule the earth. I generally say you get what you pay for, but with hand tools it seems to often not be the case.

Some interesting devices being mentioned. Those little CK ones caught my eye
but were a little too pricey to buy on a whim. As they’re getting a thumbs up here I may save them on my list. If my first foray in to amp modding doesn’t end with fireworks, there will be more of this to come.

Some interesting devices being mentioned. Those little CK ones caught my eye

but were a little too pricey to buy on a whim. As they’re getting a thumbs up here I may save them on my list. If my first foray in to amp modding doesn’t end with fireworks, there will be more of this to come.

Yes, I`ve had mine for ages but I`m sure they were only half that price only 2 or 3 years ago.

Farnell is a lot cheaper :- https://uk.farnell.com/ck-tools/330009/stripper-wire-0-12-0-4mm/dp/1416123?st=330009

I used to use the CK ones from RS

but now I'm undecided on whether to create a post on my favourite stripper

27442.jpg

advertisement

Back