advertisement

Who is brave enough to post a selfie?

How about this?

9A8BB3AE_6685_43FE_9638_976AE5B6F3FA_D97D4C52_CC64_4A2A_91C3_7E1EA24BBBCC.jpeg

598B27E9_0295_475A_8088_7405A8AF5231_B839AD75_3AE5_47E7_AC15_5B5241C36A62.jpeg

I won’t pass the message on, Jennifer - Lego Marchbanks is already insufferably vain, and it would only make him worse. I know for a fact he dyes his beard - his is still red, whereas mine now has thick stripes of grey. He’s not back yet so I imagine he’s still tearing round Yorkshire with his foot to the floor, singing Beach Boys’ songs about the finer points of carburettor adjustment.

well, the problem with Lego alter egos is that they take control... mine said I needed to work on her Lego 911 rather than drive my own round the Peak District... maybe a sign I should part with mine and buy more Lego, time to grow up?

Many years ago, my late father-in-law, then in his early 60s, was working in the garden. Across the road, he noticed a young bloke and a much older man with a long grey beard and a walking-stick. They were clearly lost, and arguing about which way to go. Then the old man said 'Why don't you ask that old chap over there doing his garden?' My father-in-law looked round to see who they were intending to ask, and realised it was himself.

Many years ago, my late father-in-law, then in his early 60s, was working in the garden. Across the road, he noticed a young bloke and a much older man with a long grey beard and a walking-stick. They were clearly lost, and arguing about which way to go. Then the old man said 'Why don't you ask that old chap over there doing his garden?' My father-in-law looked round to see who they were intending to ask, and realised it was himself.
I was queueing in a boulangerie last year (not trying to be pretentious, it was in France) when I turned to my right and wondered why the beardy old git across the shop was fixing me with an unnecessarily fierce glare. It took a couple of seconds for me to realize it was a mirrored wall.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back