advertisement

WTF

Even with a Technics You still have to put the stylus on the record and take it off Don’t you? Or have they gone fully automatic these days???
Ignore me....I was just in a fed up mood! I’m ok today ....realise I like all the cueing up etc. It’s part of the whole experience. Think I just spat my dummy out cos was settling down to what I thought was going to be a nice evening! Anyway turned out good with some decent CDs and a few beers
I’m going to take a look later at what’s happening with it later this afternoon.

West Midlands here, 90 miles or so each way... but if you were down this way, I’d happily help you out. I do travel up in your direction a few times a year but in the current climate, I’m not sure when the next time will be.
Thanks for the kind offer Simon :) Told you....you’re a good guy you are! :D

According to Vinyl Engine, the RP855 is a manual deck with a dc servo motor. The fact that it is a dc motor means the fault is likely to be electronic and not mechanical, so you will need to find someone with electronics knowledge to fix it. It could be a simple fix, but then again it may not be.

If you want a new deck, you will need to decide how much automation you want.
Electronic speed change
Manual arm lift at the end
Fully auto - the arm cues itself to the start and lifts or even returns at the end

AFAIK, a basic Rega will be slightly more manual than the Rotel in that you will need to move the belt to a different pulley to change speed. They still have a cueing level in the arm. There is no suspension to set up, so they are simplicity itself to use.

Get it fixed - with luck it is no more than a 50p cap' that has gone tits-up. :)

Take a look at the electronics - BE CAREFUL with the stylus - it could even be glaringly obvious what has gone west.

Get it fixed - with luck it is no more than a 50p cap' that has gone tits-up. :)

Take a look at the electronics - BE CAREFUL with the stylus - it could even be glaringly obvious what has gone west.
Don’t you worry, I’m going to remove it before I go near! Lol

Not a clue....but now it’s playing normally! o_O
Haven’t even taken the mat off yet......must be something odd though? Doesn’t just slow down and then without any intervention start playing ok again?

Could be one or more dying cap's. Might take minutes, hours, days...……………. before playing-up again. Nice cheap fix if it is.

Not a clue....but now it’s playing normally! o_O
Haven’t even taken the mat off yet......must be something odd though? Doesn’t just slow down and then without any intervention start playing ok again?

Bet its something slowly dying. Hope it keep going for a good while.

As mentioned earlier Rotel uses DC motor and supply and speed regulation would be quite simple , most likely there is just a rectifier bridge , couple of capacitors and potentiometers for fine speed adjustment for 33 and 45 RPM , if happens again try to move pots slightly either side of their normal position , remember to mark their position before you start so you can reverse to where they were .

Could be one or more dying cap's. Might take minutes, hours, days...……………. before playing-up again. Nice cheap fix if it is.
Well fingers crossed then! Wonder if it’s worth popping over to a TT dealer (maybe back to a Doug Brady in Warrington although that’s a fair old schleck these days!) for them to take a look? Can’t hurt I suppose and I could get them to do the bearing?

If I'd known you were going to play that I wouldn't have helped you <shudders>. Mind you, this from someone who likes Sade :) and the Cranberries
Well as Mr. Pig quite rightly points out....it’s a cracking album actually thank you very much! Lol :p:p:p And I also happen to like your taste too....I’m nice like that! :)

Lovely album. I do hope that's not the actual record sitting down next to the carpet hoovering up dust?!!! You need to keep records the heck away from anything dusty or the static just sooks it up.
Thanks for the thumbs up on FA, this is a great copy.....Ms. Reader and chaps haven’t sounded so good! (Could be the a) relief and b) the new 2M Blue helping though!). Yes record was on the slip on the rug (which had just been hoovered prior to pics being taken) and they aren’t normally there....lol...it was so I could take a pic!

Bet its something slowly dying. Hope it keep going for a good while.
Thanks for the optimism Darren lad :( must remember to provide you with some reciprocal sentiments one day soon! Lol :p:p

Maybe it reacts to your taste in LPs. Try Kate Bush - let’s take a bet on what it does
Oh it’ll just keep spinning and spinning and spinning....it just LOVES the remasters oh and it’s a bit partial to the signed copy of Lionheart too :D:D

Currently spinning one of Madge’s classics....Ray Of Light, a RSD heavyweight copy. Sounding bloody good :)
Did someone say pub? Are you mad.....wait to be seated, complete my “I’m here” form, wait ages to be table served a pint and most importantly no blinking music!! No thanks, I’ll stay here, go bar when I want and enjoy great sounding tunes!

[url=https://postimg.cc/Fd15czQW][/URL]

As mentioned earlier Rotel uses DC motor and supply and speed regulation would be quite simple , most likely there is just a rectifier bridge , couple of capacitors and potentiometers for fine speed adjustment for 33 and 45 RPM , if happens again try to move pots slightly either side of their normal position , remember to mark their position before you start so you can reverse to where they were .
Thanks, sadly not electronically minded and wouldn’t have a blinding clue! I’ll have to defer to the experts I’m afraid...which I know means money but hey ho..we can’t be good at everything! (As my better half regularly reminds me! :oops:)

advertisement

Back