advertisement

Recommended sites for buying jazz vinyl online?

kjb

Proof reading not always a strength
I'm trying to cut down my use of Amazon to ensure that any money I spend supports British retail. I don't often buy jazz on the high street as very few shops where I live ( Oxford) have what I want and I don't go into town that often. I've moved online book buying to Hive but their jazz stock isn't that good.

I use Honest Johns quite a bit and often buy direct from labels but what other reliable retailers do you use who have a good stock and range of jazz vinyl? I can pretty much always get what I want on Amazon and have free post via prime but I'd rather pay abut more to support UK retailers.

I will obviously continue to post Amazon links to support pfm. Tony, are there any other retailers who we link to that would support pfm??

Kevin

I’ve been buying from Diverse’s physical and online shops for 30 years. They know how to charge, and there’s often some waiting involved whilst items are restocked, but they’ve been consistently, doggedly committed to the format when many other retailers abandoned it (cough HMV cough).

https://www.diversevinyl.com/

Reactions: kjb
I'm trying to cut down my use of Amazon to ensure that any money I spend supports British retail. I don't often buy jazz on the high street as very few shops where I live ( Oxford) have what I want and I don't go into town that often. I've moved online book buying to Hive but their jazz stock isn't that good.

I use Honest Johns quite a bit and often buy direct from labels but what other reliable retailers do you use who have a good stock and range of jazz vinyl? I can pretty much always get what I want on Amazon and have free post via prime but I'd rather pay abut more to support UK retailers.

I will obviously continue to post Amazon links to support pfm. Tony, are there any other retailers who we link to that would support pfm??

Kevin

Riverman Records in Jericho has quite a lot of 2nd hand Jazz vinyl. Not sure about the rate of turnover, but worth a look.

Kevin

From the above links it seems there is preference toward 200 gram vinyl now.

My supended turntable is not particularly partial to them as the platter tends to sink a little too much.

I wish the 140 grammers would make a come back. Much easier to handle. Many turntables are a suspended design.
I don't understand the 200 gram craze.

advertisement

Back