advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m seeing things on Twitter that I never thought that I ever would; significant numbers of software developers and other IT people being made redundant in the UK. Given the shortage of skilled people, companies must think that things are going to take a very long time to recover, if they ever will, after COVID-19 and then Brexit. It has definitely put a stop to any capital spending I had planned for the next 12 months. I will be battening down the hatches and hoping that things don’t get too bad.
What kind of numbers is significant?

Maybe reducing the pension age back to what it should be, thus releasing jobs for the young who need them should be put on the agenda? I’d retire, for example.

What kind of numbers is significant?

Maybe reducing the pension age back to what it should be, thus releasing jobs for the young who need them should be put on the agenda? I’d retire, for example.
No need, with three million Hong Kong Chinese invited over by Raab, there’s bound to be some great little workers in there.

You're not painting a picture of an effective EU really, are you?
Actually I am. Plenty of Poles and Czechs have headed home with their work ethic and valuable experience. In some cases they will have built houses with their hard earned. Others remain and continue to make a massive contribution to our society and economy. Bulgarians and Romanians are some years behind both in terms of migration and development back home. Their problems are hardly down to the EU, quite the reverse.

Have you forgotten the club analogy? Yous join the club yous follows them rules...

Oh, no, the dreaded club analogy. What's it to be, the golf club...?

Try going to your local health club and negotiate a membership without fees and no arbritration by UK courts should you breach their rules.

... and its the health club. Yay!

Don't think we've had the health club before.

Oh, no, the dreaded club analogy. What's it to be, the golf club...?

... and its the health club. Yay!

Don't think we've had the health club before.
I can’t imagine being a member of a health club and I’ve never been a cake eater.

Actually I am. Plenty of Poles and Czechs have headed home with their work ethic and valuable experience. In some cases they will have built houses with their hard earned. Others remain and continue to make a massive contribution to our society and economy. Bulgarians and Romanians are some years behind both in terms of migration and development back home. Their problems are hardly down to the EU, quite the reverse.

Oh, I thought they'd all gone because of Brexit n' racists. Anyway, all for the good, their countries need them.

Poland has actually fared pretty well as regards covid. Could be boom time there.

Oh, I thought they'd all gone because of Brexit n' racists. Anyway, all for the good, their countries need them.

Poland has actually fared pretty well as regards covid. Could be boom time there.
Looks like we've identified three reasons between us. Four if we include Covid.

That looks like a trick question. You're not trying to walk me into a little racist trap, by any chance?
Honestly no ( unless you've got something to declare!).

To be clear,I've never seen you in that way, which must make those of that persuasion hitching their wagon to yours all the more uncomfortable.

I’m seeing things on Twitter that I never thought that I ever would; significant numbers of software developers and other IT people being made redundant in the UK. Given the shortage of skilled people, companies must think that things are going to take a very long time to recover, if they ever will, after COVID-19 and then Brexit. It has definitely put a stop to any capital spending I had planned for the next 12 months. I will be battening down the hatches and hoping that things don’t get too bad.

There is also the other issue that before you had a talent pool of around 500 million people and its dropping down to around a tenth of that, it’s really difficult to get highly skilled people so it’s easier to do the project outside the U.K.

meanwhile back on Brexit Island.
tI3Mf3Q.jpg

The man who paid for it all. He and his ilk are destroying England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back