advertisement

Going to the pub on Saturday?

Sounds like opening bars and pubs and relying on the 'common' sense of the punters has worked well for the US, oh wait.

Ultimately we can’t have it all ways. If we want an effective test & trace system then we need to Co-operate. The old days are not coming back soon so we have to adapt; there may never be a vaccine.

Let’s not die of ignorance or vitamin d deficiency;)

"Mr M Mouse, 23 Anystreet...." Sorted!

If a substantial number are moronic enough to do that or similar then the second wave will hit really hard and countless thousands more will die unnecessarily. I utterly detest Wetherspoons, I boycotted the chain long before Brexit, but in fairness they are acting in a responsible way here. It is obvious reopening pubs will be a disaster, but at least they are providing a slight hope of track and trace in order to help contain the damage of their actions.

Anyway, in answer to the Q?, there’s no way in hells Earth that I’ll be going anywhere near! I imagine chaos and unpleasantness all around. Cheaper at home, got my large screen to myself, got GREAT music in my own pub (IMO).... Plus and more importantly I’m shielding and there’s no way I’m risking my life just to enjoy a fresh lovely carefully poured IPA pint........oh hold on....TAXI for 6am please to The Swan please!

YouGov polling suggests people are probably going to stay away.

I plan to invite some friends round for dinner over the next couple of weekends, at least I can avoid the riff raff;)

I heard that you’re only allowed to be in the pub for 2 hours? Is this true? And if so, how the hell do they expect to enforce that?!!!

No, I’m avoiding the pubs, I reckon the bars will be kicking off with a small minority of people getting vocal at others not adhering to the rules and things maybe getting a bit shirty too.

As my pub is near the opticians I will walk past a fall in booked a spot from 11am till it shuts or I get asked to mop my piss up off the floor.

The heavy mobs working behind the bar, they can handle a few drunks. The one that's on evening shifts wrestles American pit bulls as a hobby. Lass on earlier sparred with Marvin Haggler till he complained.

There's only one can of Peroni in the fridge in our house, and that's got Mrs H's name on it. However, we also have about 90 bottles of wine, one bottle of gin, one bottle of vodka, three bottles of whisky, some ancient Cointreau that no-one remembers buying (and half a lemon).

My fridge currently contains Leffe, Brewdog Punk IPA & Dead Pony Club, and Hoegaarden. I even own a lemon. The idea of going out just to get covid 19 seems remarkably odd.
The need for boozing in the company of their mates outweighs the desire for self-preservation in a surprisingly large proportion of the population.

I don’t have a lemon.

Mrs H was asking me about that this morning. 'Why do people want to go to the pub so much?' she asked. I replied that was probably mostly down to habit. I've never been much of a pub-goer, but my uncle, who died a couple of years ago aged 92, went to the pub every single day almost until he died. He wasn't a heavy drinker, or indeed a heavy person, just a couple of pints, play the fruit machine and walk home.

My fridge currently contains Leffe, Brewdog Punk IPA & Dead Pony Club, and Hoegaarden. I even own a lemon. The idea of going out just to get covid 19 seems remarkably odd.

I have a Brewdog IPA pint glass. It’s currently housing some Brewdog lager whilst I listen to Metal Box. I’d love to go to the pub, but I shall let it all calm down first and allow others to be crash test dummies.

I've never been much of a pub-goer, but my uncle, who died a couple of years ago aged 92, went to the pub every single day almost until he died. He wasn't a heavy drinker, or indeed a heavy person, just a couple of pints, play the fruit machine and walk home.
But were they pints of heavy?

advertisement

Back