advertisement

New Witchat audio pre/power leads

I have Morgana, Phantom and N2 cables and very happy with them. Had no thought of returning them. Phantom have a simple solid looking construction.

Is it possible to explain how the Phantom compares to the N2? I have two 5m pairs of N2 on my bass and midrange drivers and NACA4 on the tweeters. Thinking of the Phantom for the bass drivers. Thanks.

Had the good fortune to be invited to audition the new Witch Hat Audio Naim Supercap to Naim 300 DR interconnects in my system..

Good grief! They completely destroy the Naim originals in every single aspect and by a massive margin.

More details to follow.

So they completely destroy the Naim cables ?

( This is a new one in ‘The Great Cable Debate’ where one cable destroys another...)

If I were you, I’d keep them away from each other then you can find someone to buy the inferior
( in your opinion ) cables.

Is it possible to explain how the Phantom compares to the N2? I have two 5m pairs of N2 on my bass and midrange drivers and NACA4 on the tweeters. Thinking of the Phantom for the bass drivers. Thanks.

Sorry I am not able to directly compare the two cables as they are on two different systems and the layout and different cable lengths and numbers do not allow interchange. The N2 cables are on my second system in the living room with a 7m run under the floor. The Phantom cables are on my Naim/Linn Tri-amp system in my study and are only 3.5m long. All I can say is that they are better than Linn K20 (equivalent to NACA4).

If you are thinking about Phantoms why not give them a try, Witch Hat offer a 30 day money back guarantee.

Certainly from the flexibility of the cables Witch Hat are in a different league from NACA5.

Thanks for this; yes I did this with the N2 cables and kept them as they sounded pretty much the same as the NACA5 and were more manageable in my room plus the sale of the NACA 5 almost paid for two pairs of N2 cables!. Of course the Phantom is far more expensive than the N2.

Notwithstanding, Witch Hat are not getting another delivery of the Phantom cable until the backend of July I’m told and all the existing cable is spoken for in back orders.

Lester, I have been using NACA5 for quite a while, but recently reverted to an old set of Linn K20 (NACA4) as I needed longer cables after a move around, and did not really notice much of a difference.
I have just this afternoon installed a set of Phantom, along with some biwire links, and have noticed a very positive difference straight out of the box, veil had been lifted/ dirty window cleaned, blah blah. I could spout loads of pointless epithets, but it just sounds more realistic, instruments separated out, rhythm easier to follow, and so on. No regrets buying it.

advertisement

Back