advertisement

Perspex cover

johnny nocash

pfm Member
Hi folks, I'm looking to obtain a perspex cover for my deck. Can anyone recommend any reasonably priced suppliers/manufacturers?
I've seen a chap on eBay but wondered if there was anybody else. Cheers

Are you looking for a custom made Perspex cover ?

If so you’ll find that there’s quite a few independent fabricators who can knock some thing up. Just google fabricators and either plastic, acrylic or Perspex and you’ll probably find quite a few. I’ve dealt with quite a few over the years but wouldn’t have any recommendations near to you.

As a heads up, it probably won’t be cheap.

I've used Hamar Acrylic in Canning Town many times.
Nice people and do fabulous work.
They do a nice mitred join on straight sides. Also do curves if required.
Just send them a drawing and they will do anything you want..

I’ve had loads of safety screens made up over the years for production equipment and the cost has been ferocious. Possibly a multiplication factor being used because we were not only a corporate buyer, but also the biggest company in the area and it was safety related, but I remember that I never, ever got anything for less than £500.

At times the price seemed to be unrelated to the size or complexity.

This wasn’t one single company ripping us off as we tried numerous different ones.

I’ve had loads of safety screens made up over the years for production equipment and the cost has been ferocious. Possibly a multiplication factor being used because we were not only a corporate buyer, but also the biggest company in the area and it was safety related, but I remember that I never, ever got anything for less than £500.

At times the price seemed to be unrelated to the size or complexity.

This wasn’t one single company ripping us off as we tried numerous different ones.
Polycarbonate is a lot more expensive than acrylic, and heavier too if it's going to make a decent guard.

There are record deck covers and then there are record deck covers. If you don't want a socking great ugly overpriced perspex box sat over your deck you could do a lot worse than a Michell Uni Cover, £57.50 from Amazon. They fit most skeletal type decks. I've got one for my Project RPM 9.1X. It keeps the dust off.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
There are record deck covers and then there are record deck covers. If you don't want a socking great ugly overpriced perspex box sat over your deck you could do a lot worse than a Michell Uni Cover, £57.50 from Amazon. They fit most skeletal type decks. I've got one for my Project RPM 9.1X. It keeps the dust off.

I have one of those on my TD 124. It doesn’t cover the whole plinth, but keeps dust off the arm and platter. I drape on old silk shirt over it if I want to keep dust off the whole machine.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Design your own and locate a perspex/whatever firm near you. They'll do either 3mm or 5mm to your spec's. I had 5mm 'cos it covers a Dais, which is big. That was 7 years ago and cost <£75. I had green tinted but the edge does show darker. Soon got over it though.

I’m planning to get my Gyro out of retirement. I may buy one of those to try and keep the dust off.

A piece of silk fabric sounds like a nice idea as well.

Good luck. It may take a while. I emailed a well known company a month ago. No reply.

I guess they’re all busy making safety screens for retail outlets.

Kevin

Bought from ebay £90
49935820487_9e0bc83697_c_d.jpg

I got a nice one from Michell Engineering. It’s not a box lid, it follows the contour of your platter and arm. Had it for years.

advertisement

Back