advertisement

Happiness is.......

Lowdenbill

Just bought a pair of Neat Motive sx2s. My main system is Cyrus cdi with psx-r, Naim xs2 with Teddycap and the Neats.
My listening room is quite small. The Neats are, well, very neat. They're tiny. I don't know how so much controlled bass can come from such a tiny box.

So, what's the point of my post? Just a plug for Naim and Neat as a combination that really does work.

And the Neats work by voodoo, magic and outside the laws of physics. Allegedly.

Loving the music, really loving it......

Some Neat speakers have either a port or a woofer firing down to the floor and this results in a very deep bass so this could be the situation with yours. And those Naim integrated beat many preamp/power amp kits IMO !:cool:

Some Neat speakers have either a port or a woofer firing down to the floor and this results in a very deep bass so this could be the situation with yours. And those Naim integrated beat many preamp/power amp kits IMO !:cool:
Yup, that's the voodoo, a carefully tuned downward firing port. I'm still flabbergasted by how effective it is and wondering why more speaker manufacturers don't try to use the technique.
It can't completely overcome room boundary problems but it certainly makes siting speakers easier.

Excellent! More voodoo!
Always reassuring that it's not just me fooling myself!
I'm currently listening to De Phazz at relatively low volume and can feel the bass. No boom, no flab.
Pastorius next I think from the glory days with Weather Report.

advertisement

Back