advertisement

Speeding Offences

You are starting to sound like Trump. Spouting ignorance as fact.

How do you know it is far less dangerous?

I ain't going to argue with you as we are like an Antifa hero (me) and a fat old git waving a confederate flag and wearing a MAGA hat (you) and it won't end well.

I think she was fortunate - won't help her insurance though.

I'm glad I wasn't on the road when this driver went down the A23 - makes 90mph a bit trivial

Of course, when one decides to break the speed limit by 130+ mph, it's always a good idea to post it on the Interweb because you'll never get identified. Oh hang on...

It's not that hard on a motorway.

Thousands do it everyday without causing widespread carnage.
If you call 50mph high speed, then yes you can. Actually going faster than that on many motorways in the Uk is becoming a challenge under normal traffic conditions.

The reasons why the 200 MPH guy was reckless are that there's far too much traffic and he's closing at too high a speed, he doesn't give other drivers enough time to even see him coming. Also the road itself isn't designed for that kind of speed, he's driving way past the limit of what he can see, react to and brake for.

One of the best bikes I've ever owned. 6 of us once did Middlesbrough to London and back on 3 250RS's for a big MAG rally in the same day and got back in time for a beer. Cruised at 80 all the way there and back even though 2 up they would only do about 86.

I fell asleep pillion on the CB 250 RS, the pleasant throb of the single pot was hypnotic.

Anyone fancies themselves as a racer needs to get on a track, that'll sort out the men from the boys, there's loads of choice, from go karts and supermotad, hot rods, bangers, demolition derby, scramblers, circuit racing, hill climbing and loads more to choose from, any of these will test their driving or riding skills, give a rush of adrenalin, etc Speeding on the roads when they're open to the rest of the public is irresponsible.

The reasons why the 200 MPH guy was reckless are that there's far too much traffic and he's closing at too high a speed, he doesn't give other drivers enough time to even see him coming. Also the road itself isn't designed for that kind of speed, he's driving way past the limit of what he can see, react to and brake for.

At that speed then any traffic on the road really makes that more than just speeding (although it is pretty quiet), and if caught it's a jail sentence.

come a rare bit of empty road he was obviously off like a rat up a drainpipe....

I think that rats are too often unfairly denigrated in discussions of speeding. "Rat up a drainpipe", "stabbed rat" etc. I have it on good authority that the top speed of a rat is 8mph, and probably significantly slower if suffering a stab wound.

https://a-z-animals.com/animals/rat/

A more accurate simile might be "he was off like a motorcyclist who thinks there are no rozzers around".

You won’t with your knobby know all attitude to absolutely everything you post on here.
Yet again you get offensive to anyone who dares challenge your complete disregard for regulations.

One of the best bikes I've ever owned. 6 of us once did Middlesbrough to London and back on 3 250RS's for a big MAG rally in the same day and got back in time for a beer. Cruised at 80 all the way there and back even though 2 up they would only do about 86.
I rode one of those for about a year and it was a great bike. Small, nimble, good handling and yet quite happy to go two up for a 2-300 mile dash. I agree on the top speed; when two up it seemed to find it limits around the mid 80's and yet it would hold 80(ish) without any fuss. It was also much nicer than the bloated 250 twin Honda made at the time.

That was exactly my thought. A moment’s inattention from any of those other vehicles and they’d have been separating him from the wreckage with a pressure washer.

That was exactly my thought. A moment’s inattention from any of those other vehicles and they’d have been separating him from the wreckage with a pressure washer.

Inattention can happen; i had a white van pull out when cruising in my first Alfa, fantastic straight emergency stop with a trail of two curling lines of blue smoke.

The next one was nearly totalled by a sleeping lorry driver.

French drivers i've seen seem to be more into using mirrors and signalling.

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone breaking the speed limit was "a really good driver on a fast well maintained vehicle"? Sadly, they aren't.

True story: on an A road in Notts, in a Marked T5 Volvo Estate ARV. Suddenly realised the car in front was going at a fair lick, so we caught it up, and after about 1/2 mile illuminated blue lights/sirens flashed him to stop. 25-30 mph above 70 mph limit. Took a further 5 miles to get the car to stop. Plenty of places for said car to stop. Road was not busy at all. I asked The driver,” When did you first see us behind you?” “Oh, about a mile back”. Then,”why are you prosecuting me, as I’m a good and safe driver.” All on video.

Are motorbike cops high speed trained?

Er, Yes.

advertisement

Back