advertisement

System Pics 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry it doesn't meet your 'size' requirements.

It used to be our garage and we knocked through from the living room and made it our home cinema room with 92" screen and projector, which is still in use and it now houses my Hifi system too ;)

I don't think you know Tannoys if you're still ridiculing my setup.

i-mW8tqp7-XL.jpg

i-TcRLwZF-XL.jpg

Choice of 2 seating areas ;)

Here's an older photo showing the screen down
i-83pN8XW-XL.jpg

Anyway I'll be sure to ask your advice as to the size of room I need for my Hi-Fi if we move :p
Ace to have a home cinema and hifi room. I'm jealous!

I'm sorry it doesn't meet your 'size' requirements.

It used to be our garage and we knocked through from the living room and made it our home cinema room with 92" screen and projector, which is still in use and it now houses my Hifi system too ;)

I don't think you know Tannoys if you're still ridiculing my setup.

Choice of 2 seating areas ;)

Here's an older photo showing the screen down

Anyway I'll be sure to ask your advice as to the size of room I need for my Hi-Fi if we move :p

wow, bit of an over reaction, was a mild jest nothing more relating to a less than ideal layout, no criticism whatsoever of kit

apologies

With regard to the Japanese print, that wall doesn't get any direct sunlight. I don't know anything about the prints other than they came from my grandparents who had a lot of Japanese antiquities round their house. If you don't mind, I'll pm you about them over the weekend as you seem to know something about them and I'm keen to learn.

Er, sure but I am no expert, I just have a lot of books :) Even then I've more looked at the pictures and not read the text. However, I can tell you the basics about woodblock prints and who the big names were.

I love Japanese objects of the 1800s, the nature based design and the craftsmanship and style are superb.

Are you looking to sell or do you want to broaden your knowledge?

Some changes since my last post.

System now consists of:

Technics SP10 MK2 in Panzerholz plinth, Fidelity Research FR64fx arm, Hana ML cartridge, Tenuto Gunmetal mat, Bigbottle Audio MK2 phono stage, Herron Audio VTSP-2a Pre amp, Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP Power amp, Tannoy Berkeley speakers with EWA 25 speaker cable.

i-PTfB5fz-X2.jpg

Latest addition :)

i-fddH3WL-X2.jpg

@mikeyb -- lovely setup. well done! i know you said that it's panzerholz, but what make of plinth is that?

@mikeyb -- lovely setup. well done! i know you said that it's panzerholz, but what make of plinth is that?
It is made of Panzerholz which is a very dense type of plywood ( bulletproof apparently ) and the plinth was made by Phonomac (Angus) who's on several Forums and highly regarded with his skills and knowledge on turntables and arms.

With regard to the Japanese print, that wall doesn't get any direct sunlight. I don't know anything about the prints other than they came from my grandparents who had a lot of Japanese antiquities round their house. .

It's a very nice print, we have several rice/pith paper paintings with a very similar use of theme and colour. They're not in top condition but are in special glazed frames and away from sunlight. They're an heirloom from an unrelated "aunt". I really like them and often thought of getting some more in print copy versions.

None luckily, that’s not wine though, it Metaxa 12 star in a wine glass... my daughter will just use any glass, so my brandy glasses will be in her room.:D

That’s extremely decadent! When I’m sailing in Greece with the boys, we’re on 5 star if we’re lucky!

How many amplifiers do you have?!

That’s extremely decadent! When I’m sailing in Greece with the boys, we’re on 5 star if we’re lucky!

How many amplifiers do you have?!
Three power amps, it’s a tri-amp active system!

nothing wrong with five star, very decent and cheap as chips, seven is bloody lovely, like honey, and twelve is like seven but just a little smoother, not much in it to be honest... the bottle is nice with twelve star. Sailing Greece would be a dream for me, my dad and five mates used to have a boat in Almeria, expensive hobby though and he just wasn’t getting a fair amount of use thanks to work commitments, so he sold his share... it’s something he’d be better off doing in retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back