advertisement

New Witchat audio pre/power leads

For me the Morgana is a resounding hit. Definitely more clarity, finer rendering of details, more 'natural' sounding, - a subtle improvement to every aspect of the music, which as a whole is even more cohesive and drives along in the usual Naim style but with an extra sense of life, an exciting sparkle of added fine detail enhancing the musicality of the whole system...

In a 'one man's x is another man's y' kind of way, that sounds like a positive way to say it sounds brighter. In a way you like, of course.

Would that be fair?

" Silver is used for (delete for) because it’s marginally more conductive than copper and is thus better for signal transference. It can also reduce the skin effect where by (whereby) high frequencies cause the current to gravitate to the edges creating capacitance, which in turn can lead to unwanted loss of detail and (cause or introduce) imbalances."

True that silver is more conductive than copper, the rest shows a laughable (mis) understanding of physics

I’m looking forward to reading the Morgana snaic 5 reviews
I have 1! I love it. I initial purchased an interconnect to link my NDX streamer to my SuperNait 2. This was a big hit with me straight away, it brought greater clarity and separation to each instrument and added width to the soundstage, I was truly impressed! About 3 months ago I added a HiCap DR to the SN2, as those of you have done similar will know this brought another uplift to my system.
As the funds became available so did my curiosity as to what replacing the original Naim SNAIC 4 and 5 with the Witch Hat Morgana's could bring to the party. I did have to have a good long think about this as the 2 upgraded cables cost the similar to the SH HiCap, fortunately the guys at Witch Hat do offer a 30 Day money back guarantee, so the decision was made I'd give them a try and if I'm not delighted with them I'd be sending them back.... after a 10ish day wait they arrived they look great, really great. The important bit....they sound superb! Close to the addition of the HiCap! I made my mind up by the end of the first evening of listening that they would be staying. I'd happily recommend them, give them a try if you're not impressed send them back. I've since gone on to replace my RCA to DIN interconnect between my phono stage and amp. I have 4 Morgana's in my system and I'm a very happy customer!
Thank you Witch Hat Audio! :)

Recently added the morgana between my ND5XS2 and SN3 and I'm very happy, it's a quality cable. Sadly I'm still waiting on delivery of my Phantom Cable (ordered 8th June) hopefully it'll arrive tmw....

Recently added the morgana between my ND5XS2 and SN3 and I'm very happy, it's a quality cable. Sadly I'm still waiting on delivery of my Phantom Cable (ordered 8th June) hopefully it'll arrive tmw....
I'd be interested to know what you think of the Phantom, I've heard good things about them. What will it be replacing?

Looking at how many happy naim owners like myself, now use morgana cables and phantom speaker cables, its safe to say that these have gone down well.
The mono XLR to din, used to connect between 300/500 amps, has certainly gone down well, and removing the standard naim cable, that looks like normal mains cable, you might find on a hairdryer etc, certainly gets rid off the massive bottle neck this brings and lifts the system sound massively.
Also the interconnects beats the naim highline, not only for sound quality, but also build quality.
The price you can always argue over, but when you look at these and compare to others, these are a bargin. If you have a naim system, then i would give them ago 100%, plus they offer a 30 day money back, if you dont get on with them.
I am even on my 2nd full loom of morgana, after selling my 1st lot as i was going to move my 500 kit on.

Looking at how many happy naim owners like myself, now use morgana cables and phantom speaker cables, its safe to say that these have gone down well.

Still some complaints here and there re. customer handling, wrong deliveries and slow or none response makes me hesitate order any Morgana to complement my Phantom cables.

I just no longer want to deal with suspicious retailers if they can't stick to a simple demand of decent order handling.

I understand some hassle expected due to pandemic but should'nt be difficult to keep a decent level of communication, just look what happen to Onix and their lack of.

A different kettle of fish me thinks....

Different yes, but current WH situation remind me of Onix early 2019 behavior, who would have guessed todays fact ?

I'd just wait for peoples better experiences ticking in before I create my order.

Well thats up to you, i have not had any problems with any off my orders over the years, but i have seen afew problems pop up, but they get sorted and thats what matters.
Shame to wait, if you really want them, as its only you missing out, as they will definitely inpove over the naim cables, as many naim owners have found out.

Had an update re my Phantoms, going in the post later this week - delays cause of C19, can't wait to receive them and get them Connected up.

Also, if the quality of build is anything like the Morganas then I'll be even happier.

if the quality of build is anything like the Morganas then I'll be even happier.

I'm sure that you will find them worth the wait. I have Morgana, Phantom and N2 cables and very happy with them. Had no thought of returning them. Phantom have a simple solid looking construction. The cable is flexible and easy to handle, it is not visually intrusive and sound was an improvement on the K20 it replaced.

Thanks cctaylor - I was really torn between the NACA5's as lots of people rave about them - though read lots of great reports re the phantoms. What sold it for me was the quality of the Morgana plus the fact the Phantoms are as you say, a lot easier to handle.

NACA 5 would have been a nightmare in my case anyway. Tri-amp system in a small room. Trying to lose 3 x 2m of spare speaker cable on each side would have so difficult. No regrets on the sound point of view either.

I've the same issues, my speakers are about 2m apart and there's no way my better half would've tolerated NACA 5 Cable zip-tied in some fancy style!

advertisement

Back