advertisement

What are you listening to right now #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Bowie : Hours
I've been listening to this a lot recently, I think this may be his most underrated album, I think Reeves Gabrels guitar complemented Bowies writing and voice in a similar fashion to Ronson's guitar on the early 70's material, and has all the layering and combination of sounds on his later Bowie/Eno material. All the songs on hours are credited as Bowie/Gabrels.
Whilst a more accessible LP than the previous Outside and Earthling I do think it gets better on each listening.

John Zorn The Circle Maker.

Streaming through plex over bluetooth to a cambridge audio speaker in the kitchen as I cook supper. Sublime music.

71XVPRq4TdL._AC_SL1400_.jpg

Oxford Suite Part 1 - Ed Alleyne - Johnson

I remember when that came out on CD. It received a lot of airplay on R3 IIRC and generated a lot of pre-orders for us. When it came in, at least one punter who'd ordered it off the back of the R3 play had to do a double take when they saw the sleeve which doesn't feature the 'clean cut' chap of the second issue CD in the video but the man straight off of supporting and playing with New Model Army. However, a quick play soon confirmed they'd ordered the right CD.

A lovely sunny evening here in Lewisham and very much enjoying some Manu Chau and Clandestino - not listened to it in ages and it's perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back