advertisement

TRON Atlantic 300B Stereo Amplifier

GT

pfm Member
I delivered another beautiful Atlantic 300B amplifier at the weekend. Although they all come out the same, this one was particularly nice as it had a new mains transformer design and was an absolute joy to build and assemble. It sounded extremely nice too. These amplifiers go together really well.
L1464860-e1592238202750.jpeg

L1464868-e1592238220389.jpeg

To show the level of detail we go too, here is the underside of the bottom panel. The finish on the inside of the amplifier is identical to the outside, even though it is not seen...

IMG_1404-e1592238677878.jpeg

Thanks for all the comments.

Just for info, if you look at the output transformers note their size, these are designed for 2 x 300Bs per channel but we use them for one 300B per channel. This provides excellent performance, particularly in the lower registers. Here is a sneak shot showing some of the internals to give you an idea of the quality and attention to detail that goes into a TRON amplifier:

L1003580-e1592493568927.jpeg

All set screws, fasteners, washers and nuts are stainless steel and all the wiring is PTFE insulated. The finish on the inside of the case is identical to that on the outside.

Graham, I really like the way you strain relieve your wire to PCB connections.

Do you use a cut/bent wire or a silver jewlery eye pin and then a small piece of Teflon insulation? Very neat and no hot glue or epoxy mess :)

It really needs some contrast in colour other than all black which is why we went for silver. Black and Titanium also looks good. I have also offered gold/black and gold/red. The latter was for the Asian market, but they opted for the black and silver. Anyway in my experience during 25 years of building audio products, whatever you make, someone will always want something different, or something you don't actually make! :)

Titanium and silver looks the best IMHO. The contrast between black and bright silver looks a little to sharp, maybe black and titanium would be better.

Reactions: GT
If they sound as they look internally someone is a happy bunny , exceptional attention to the detail *****

Reactions: GT

advertisement

Back