advertisement

Usher speakers , Any love for these ?

AudioAl

pfm Member
Hi People
Not many comments re the Usher speakers , any love for these ?

Opinions appreciated , If any owners on PFM :)

Seen and heard quite a few , the beautiful finish is just marvellous. Lurch bought his big ushers to a bake off and they certainly impressed. Recommended

Great speakers but just didnt sell well according to my dealer who at one point stocked them. The big BE20s ( not certain of number but the top of the range ones ) I heard with a sugden setup and they were truly amzing and for about a third the price of similarly competing models. I have had the tiny dancers here myself both the Beryllium and DMD tweeter versions and they are very nice indeed. I do think they need a touch of warmth from partnering equipment to sound their best.

Same. Heard all sizes and liked them. Love the finish. Quite Sonus f in sound I thought but without the cost.

I'm on my third pair of S-520s. I keep thinking I no longer need them, so sell them. then miss them and buy another pair...

A thing of beauty. I will never sell mine
2185296-037474ec-usher-s520-monitor-speakers-in-gloss-black-excellent.jpg

Great speakers but just didnt sell well according to my dealer who at one point stocked them. The big BE20s ( not certain of number but the top of the range ones ) I heard with a sugden setup and they were truly amzing and for about a third the price of similarly competing models. I have had the tiny dancers here myself both the Beryllium and DMD tweeter versions and they are very nice indeed. I do think they need a touch of warmth from partnering equipment to sound their best.

I have always wanted to hear them, bargain alert!

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338728743&icep_item=193055250919

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I had their Be 718 Tiny Dancers- remarkable speakers with about the best tweeters I’ve heard in any of my set ups.

Completely agree with this. Wonderful speakers that I only moved on as the bass excited my very small room too much.

A friend of mine has some Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers which he loves. I like them in the context of his system.

I remember the brand being introduced to the UK and a favourable review in one of the mags, I'm not sure how well they sold or how popular they are, I think a 'Made in Taiwan' product would be a hard sell for a fairly expensive product.

I think the problem currently is that they no longer have an official UK distribution since HiAudio disappeared. This always makes life tricky!

I think you’re right- I found the Tiny Dancers with a chord Hugo quite intolerable in the end. When I got the Ushers I marvelled at the beautifully feathered treble, so quality is good but it’s also a spotlight on other components in the system. They deliver a lot of HF energy and as my hearing worsened with what audiologists refer to as recruitment, what was previously beautiful musical insight became a scourge. Separately the Tiny Dancers and Hugo are great but they don’t make a good marriage. I’d love to hear some of the really big Ushers.

I see them in KL, a good neutral balance. The designer resisted the temptation to turn up the excellent tweeter to show it off.The bigger models are competitive with the US high end brands

I have the 718 dmd tiny dancers, love them to bits. They need a fair bit of power to sound their best though.

advertisement

Back