advertisement

Witch Hat Audio changes?

Not my department any more, but the cable issues are due to the shift from a cottage industry to outsourcing to a cable assembly company - that is complete (this week) and orders should be able to be fulfilled much quicker now. Covid is affecting some suppliers but everyone who ordered should have been told of any delay. Any problems with incorrectly shipped cables have been down to misunderstanding the correct configuration desired from what I can gather.
Thanks for your reply. Just to be clear, in case I came over as to negative, the cables themselves are excellent, the Morgana cables are outstanding. From what my ears tell me, why any Naim owner wouldn’t swap to them and the Hatpin version for power only is beyond me. WH cables along with Teddy Pardo PSU’s have transformed my system. I haven’t used their servicing for a few years, but when I did, that was also excellent.

I recently heard that my friend had a lot of trouble buying a cable. For example, they have send the wrong cable, and send an email, there is no answer ...
But I heard that the new cable sound is good.

This could be the opening for ( yet another ) cable thread.
Just what we need...

Well I can do next Tuesday. Got to go to Vermissage of Slice first.

And yes, the name came from this idea and one of my favourite books.

Ordered cables but didn't work when I got them. Fairly responsive when I got back to them though - still haven't shipped them back.

I contacted them via the website last week asking for a custom length cable. No reply yet. I own my own business and can understand emails can get a bit behind at times. I will try again today. Fingers crossed!

Emailed on Friday about upgrading speaker cables (still under 30 days) and Nic responded the following day.

Interesting that so many cables are even when delivered faulty or configured wrongly
Especially with a cottage industry model
I would expect an even greater level of attention to detail
It’s a frustrating situation when some has in essence a good product
But is let down by their after sales
I don’t suppose they get taking payment wrong ever

Interesting that so many cables are even when delivered faulty or configured wrongly, especially with a cottage industry model

BUT MJS already explained that they have moved on to outsourcing the cables.

...the cable issues are due to the shift from a cottage industry to outsourcing to a cable assembly company.

I personally hope that everything is alright at Witch Hat, because by what I have heard, they offer a good service and I for one was thinking of getting some my Naim stuff service by them.

As a percentage of total sold, is it many?
Well I suppose only WH know those figures
But I have had a number of people tell me that they have had issues with pin configuration and solder joints coming loose

BUT MJS already explained that they have moved on to outsourcing the cables.

even so a simple continuity test would eradicate the problem

Public knowledge to issues will allways hit supplier back somehow.

Reliability and satisfied customer base is essential in a transparent world of internet.

Just to finish this off, got the latest replacement cable this morning (third? Fourth?) and it’s wrong again! The only difference from last weeks is they got the cable marker the right end, but sadly still couldn’t wire it up correctly.
I stand by my statement that the cables I have received from them, when correct, are outstanding. But the outsourcing and then the pandemic have knocked them for six a bit, so I have sadly given up and cancelled this cable and the two Burndy’s on order as have no faith currently in their order fulfilment process.
Great products, nice people but a bit muddled at the moment.

advertisement

Back