advertisement

Vishay BC128 capacitors

What do you know, I have 3 in original farnell packaging, 10uf 25v, yours for postage cost.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Hi Luca
just found some
im not planning on building another ncc amp already built 3
2x used 68uf 2x used 1k 0.1%
2 nos 100uf 30v wet tants
the wet tants and resistors are for the feedback position
tants cost me £20 each from America :eek:
but still a lot cheaper than RS..
all tested with Atlas ESR70 the results
99.44 uf 0.37r esr
100.3 uf 0.36r esr
67.08 0.08r esr
65.09uf 0.09r esr
how does £25 posted sound
20200528_115416 by glenn jarrett, on Flickr

Further to above look at the M180_300 thread on FB that looks like a bead tant to me.

Hi Luca
just found some
im not planning on building another ncc amp already built 3
2x used 68uf 2x used 1k 0.1%
2 nos 100uf 30v wet tants
the wet tants and resistors are for the feedback position
tants cost me £20 each from America :eek:
but still a lot cheaper than RS..
all tested with Atlas ESR70 the results
99.44 uf 0.37r esr
100.3 uf 0.36r esr
67.08 0.08r esr
65.09uf 0.09r esr
how does £25 posted sound
20200528_115416 by glenn jarrett, on Flickr

Hi Glenn, thank you for the offer but ATMO I'm experiencing serious delays in international shipments. So I'm forced to postpone the building of a power amplifier to better times, perhaps after the summer. If you are not in a hurry to sell those electronic components we may resend in a few months. Where are you located?

I bought a pack of these off that ebay seller and they all measure in the region of 86uF.
I haven`t done any voltage tests on them but was interested how much of a problem the difference in uF value would make to the circuit.
I also wondered about alternative Tant cap sizes/types, having considered a 68uF 6.3v here:- https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/581-TAP686K006GSB is this a viable alternative.
Has anyone got details of a replacement part they have used in this C11 position or is it not massively critical.
Thanks.

I think BC128 make great coupling caps in Naim preamps, but they are very revealing. They will most likely sound bad with standard Naim (harsh or bright) but great when the power supply / earthing etc is sorted.

I bought a pack of these off that ebay seller and they all measure in the region of 86uF.
I haven`t done any voltage tests on them but was interested how much of a problem the difference in uF value would make to the circuit.
I also wondered about alternative Tant cap sizes/types, having considered a 68uF 6.3v here:- https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/581-TAP686K006GSB is this a viable alternative.
Has anyone got details of a replacement part they have used in this C11 position or is it not massively critical.
Thanks.
It's not critical I have 33uF axial tants in there Naim used 47uF beads I think,Les uses beads now check of the latest post in the Qudos thread.

advertisement

Back