advertisement

Infected Cummings travelled around England with disease. Fire him now.

Yeah, I saw that. Wow! What a guy! Excuses everything doesn't it!
Pity about him being a psychopathic lying manipulative cvnt though, still you can't have everything.

C as with all mavericks has upset the status quo and no less within the Tory Party and these people hate him and when C does go, and it won't be now, it will be as though he never existed.

Such is the fate of a Maverick.

There is nothing maverick or original about him. Just dysfunction and entitlement. He is a symptom, a symptom that this is becoming a dead country.
He is a Maverick.

Your description is that afforded to a Maverick.

They exist in all walks of life.

Pretty much all the media has had a go & he is still around, maybe they are not as powerful as some would maintain?
Powerful enough to cripple opposition to the government, dumb enough not to realise how powerless that leaves them. Turns out that gleefully channelling government lies while ignoring their flouting of norms and rules gives governments a taste for lying and ignoring norms and rules. Lots of reaping/sowing going on here, quite gratifying TBH.

As I recall Tom Peters the management guru wrote a book many years ago called Chaos Management in which he stated that you should cherish your mavericks as they are the only people who actually actually exercise real change but people don't like change and don't like mavericks.

Cummings is one such maverick.

Johnson's relationship with him is often fractious but he has no intention of losing such original thought.

Watch Benedict Cumberbach's portrayal of Cummings in the Brexit drama that appeared on TV and you will see what I mean.
It's not the original thought he needs: as you suggest, that can be picked up from popular management books. It's the personal connections to the private data companies Cummings is in the process of outsourcing government to.

What I find somewhat ironic by all those people frothing at the mouth at what Cummings did is the fact that The Daily Mirror and The Grauniad who ran an expose on The Mirror's activities over the phone hacking scandal are now driving the agenda of what to do about Cummings. The Daily Mirror were an anathema to anyone and who valued their privacy. Their activities were beyond the pale not so long ago but now they are esteemed crusading journalists looking out for the little man and bringing the rich, the powerful and the privileged to heel.

According to The Observer correspondent when being interviewed on the BBC after Cumming's Show that there was a National Emergency raging in this country at the moment but she was more concerned about what Cummings did rather than how the Government is going to deal with situation. Only a blind, deaf and dumb individual could not notice the complete and utter hatred that was being directed at Cummings by the journalists present.

There was a time when journalists reported on the news, not directed or made the news to sell copy or gain viewing figures. The Professor from Durham University summed it pretty well when she said most working class people in this country are not particularly bothered by this saga they are more concerned about whether there will be a job for them to go back to or how they are going to pay their bills.

Most if not all those braying for Cummings blood are Remainers and are now directing their fury at Cummings in an act of revenge for having lost the Brexit argument. To suggest otherwise is to be disingenuous at best, to be a downright liar at worse.

I think you'd better wipe your screen after that.

Rhetoric is all very well.

Labour needs to find innovative and original thought to provide an alternative.

They need a Maverick.

As I recall Tom Peters the management guru wrote a book many years ago called Chaos Management in which he stated that you should cherish your mavericks as they are the only people who actually actually exercise real change but people don't like change and don't like mavericks.

Cummings is one such maverick.

Johnson's relationship with him is often fractious but he has no intention of losing such original thought.

Watch Benedict Cumberbach's portrayal of Cummings in the Brexit drama that appeared on TV and you will see what I mean.
Not all mavericks bring about real change.
Some people who bring about real change are not mavericks.
Some mavericks are just twats.

The originality of DC's thought is much exaggerated. It's a mish-mash of pop-sci and trendy buzzwords, barely digested and vomited up to a credulous audience which, sadly, includes our Prime Minister.

He may not go but it’s good for Starmer and the Party’s numbers. Johnson asking DC to answer the questions, detaching him from the PM.

‘Show your face. They may see your human side.’ said Boris.’ Then they’ll love you like I do.’
‘What’s a human side Boris?’ answered a trembling Dom.
Yes, I think there was plenty of material today for Starmer to work with. Go for it, Sir Keir!

Not all mavericks bring about real change.
Some people who bring about real change are not mavericks.
Some mavericks are just twats.

The originality of DC's thought is much exaggerated. It's a mish-mash of pop-sci and trendy buzzwords, barely digested and vomited up to a credulous audience which, sadly, includes our Prime Minister.
I have met a lot who talk about change.

Only mavericks actually do it.

They don't care.

You say much exaggerated?

The "success" of Brexit and the astonishing Tory Victory that includes even Blair's old seat suggests otherwise.

The best way to beat the Torys IMO is to have less of the angst and provide an alternative that will bring back the voters and find our Cummings and I don't mean Seamus Milne or Lansley.

Excellent riposte on TV when defeat was no longer in doubt when the superb Alan Johnson laid into Lansley for his "student politics" in denying us a Labour Govt.

Trouble was his trade and he knew all the answers,

xyncJx2.jpg

I have met a lot who talk about change.

Only mavericks actually do it.

They don't care.

You say much exaggerated?

The "success" of Brexit and the astonishing Tory Victory that includes even Blair's old seat suggests otherwise.

The best way to beat the Torys IMO is to have less of the angst and provide an alternative that will bring back the voters and find our Cummings and I don't mean Seamus Milne or Lansley.

Excellent riposte on TV when defeat was no longer in doubt when the superb Alan Johnson laid into Lansley for his "student politics" in denying us a Labour Govt.
I was referring to his originality of thought - the idea that he's a deep thinker or a visionary genius. Of course he's an effective campaigner, and knows a good slogan when he sees one.

I think he'll also be quite effective at destroying things, if he remains in post - he clearly wants to tear up the rule book in some areas of public life.

Creating something better is much harder and I see little evidence that he's capable of that. His interminable blog posts suggest quite the opposite.

I was referring to his originality of thought - the idea that he's a deep thinker or a visionary genius. Of course he's an effective campaigner, and knows a good slogan when he sees one.

I think he'll be quite effective at destroying things, if he remains in post - he clearly wants to tear up the rule book in some areas of public life.

Creating something better is much harder and I see little evidence that he's capable of that. His interminable blog posts suggest quite the opposite.
Good point.

The skill is how you manage a Maverick.

You take what you want but at least that originality of thought is before you.

Labour has nothing.

Which for me is depressing.

To dismiss Cummins
You a Maverick or a Contender? Contenders always win in business. I did the course, it was cassettes back then but still relevant.

There were no need for cassettes at the Brexit or last General Election count.

It was Cummings success which is why B has today so publicly endorsed him.

To dismiss Cummins

There were no need for cassettes at the Brexit or last General Election count.

It was Cummings success which is why B has today so publicly endorsed him.
I scored strongly on:
Leadership
Big Thought Processing
Organisational dexterity
Creative Thought Organisation

How does Maverick profile fit with these axies?

I scored strongly on:
Leadership
Big Thought Processing
Organisational dexterity
Creative Thought Organisation

How does Maverick profile fit with these axies?
Because it's ( not you) all bollocks.

I remember walking into a conference room once and they were all wearing blue t - shirts with "We can do it" emblazoned thereon.

Mavericks are one - offs you know them when you meet them and you either like them or hate them their's nothing in between.

advertisement

Back