advertisement

Just been to the shops!?

I think someone is having some twisted humour with the music being played in shops at the moment. I usually have the delightful experience of calling into Home Bargains. Last week was the Police ‘Don’t stand so close to me’. This week it was the Bee Gees ‘Staying Alive’. How worse can it get next week?
You can try them with UFO "Doctor Doctor", or "Doctor Beat" (?) or even Dire Straits "Industrial Disease". Black Crowes "Remedy" also just popped into my head.

Had a domestic crisis requiring a visit to B&Q, complete waste of time.

After queuing for half an hour i found no pipe fitting larger than 25mm and the interior designer found the colour charts all fenced off.

Luckily managed to find some vintage fittings in the workshop; my mains water system is made from pipes left over from a previous job that used sizes obsolete 30 years ago.

I do wish that the UK's 2 main 'hobbies' (DIY and Gardening) could re open...if tesco can do cleanliness and distancing????? And the waste...poor garden centers had spent on all those spring flowers and veg, now in a bin somewhere....couldn't even get organised to give them away. :(

I will have to go and get a new dishwasher tomorrow :( Ours threw the towel in yesterday and took the rcd out. It won't boil now so the heater element will be bolloxed. I can't be bothered fixing it though I know I really should.

Still no flour in our Sainsbury local or Waitrose last week.

I brought a 16kg sack in Morrisons a few days ago with the intention of offering it round. I told one friend and within minutes it looked like Marchbanks Towers was suffering the zombie apocalypse with desperate container-waving folk climbing the portcullis.

we had a little flour, but no flipping yeast again (promise never to mention it again).
YEAST
NO

Plenty of dried yeast in Morrisons too. Here’s the result (as already posted somewhere else, apologies for the duplication.)

49898797647_1fddf2c313.jpg

I brought a 16kg sack in Morrisons a few days ago with the intention of offering it round. I told one friend and within minutes it looked like Marchbanks Towers was suffering the zombie apocalypse with desperate container-waving folk climbing the portcullis.

Plenty of dried yeast in Morrisons too. Here’s the result (as already posted somewhere else, apologies for the duplication.)

49898797647_1fddf2c313.jpg
Found dried yeast in Aldi the other day.Bought two boxes(16 sachets).

There's enough yeast in the *bottom of that bottle to make several loaves :)

*Although it may have come from the bottom of a canal

First trip to Morrisons of the season.

I didn't understand the system and got reprimanded by the staff. I went the wrong way. Then when it came to paying, I didn't realise there was a long queue for the tills. This involved standing for a longer period of time than I anticipated - (crutches to mobilise) what a div. Bogger that for a game of soldiers, the wife can do this next time. My mistake, I overestimated my legs.
I got home and was huffy for a while.

I did get a 4 pack of Bounty bars, which I like to freeze, then lick them to death slowly whilst sucking on a rum.
Always a silver lining...

Our Morrison’s only allows one person to a trolley so SWMBO goes out walking to the shop and I collect her in the car park with the shopping.
Suits me.

A sourdough starter requires no bought yeast.

That sounds like the first line of a japanese tone poem....what's the moral?

Actually, it's one of those recognition phrases that spies use:

"A sourdough starter requires no bought yeast"

"Yes, but in this cold weather, it can take ages"

"Yes, the Volga is always cold at this time of year"

"Tell me about it, mate. The stolen blueprints are in a bag under the third bench from the right"

There's enough yeast in the *bottom of that bottle to make several loaves :)

*Although it may have come from the bottom of a canal

That is in my forward planning. When the apocalypse comes I want to be able to survive completely on Rochefort beer and Rochefort bread. As opposed to being only halfway there at the moment.

advertisement

Back