advertisement

TRON Atlantic Preamplifier

GT

pfm Member
I am pleased to announce the launch of the new TRON Atlantic valve Preamplifier. Its been 2 years in the making but well worth it as the audio performance is absolutely amazing. There are three versions available starting at £3500, plus there is a remote control option.
The Atlantic is built in the UK by hand using only UK companies and Suppliers.

L1464826-e1589459974237.jpeg

L1464829-e1589459992387.jpeg

L1464835-e1589460010191.jpeg

L1464841-e1589460040587.jpeg

Specification:
Inputs: 4 RCA Line inputs (L & R)
Outputs: 2 RCA main output (L & R) & 1 RCA tape output (L & R)
Valve Complement: 2 × 5814/ECC82/12AU7 (low noise)
Frequency Response: 5Hz–37.5kHz ± 3dB
Gain: 18dB
Output Impedance: <1000 Ohms
Mains Supply: 115–240 volts AC (50–60Hz). Earth lift included
Power Consumption: Nominal 15 watts
Dimensions (mm): 400mm (w) × 250mm (d) x 95mm (h) including feet
Weight: 10kg (net)
Warranty: 2 years (parts and labour)
Remote control: option available

Three versions will be available (Deluxe, Reference and Signature) with upgrade paths to each model.

Great stuff GT, best of luck. Have rarely seen your stuff, but when I have, I always think the fit and finish really is top drawer.

Reactions: GT
Can we see a pic with the lid off please Graham? I’m sure it looks superbly made inside as usual.

It is very nicely done inside and I am extremely pleased with the outcome. The finish on the outside is the same inside and being as it is an all machined chassis everything fits like a glove. The one in the photos went to its new owner today and he was over the moon with it. If it wasn't for the pandemic I would get some professional photos done as it looks a whole load better in the flesh then in these pictures that were taken in my listening studio.

How neat and tidy is that casework! No visible screws on any of the faces (other than the IEC socket on the back) -lovely machining with the logo

Whats will be the difference between the 3 models? both spec and price?

Here are a few differences between the models, not all differences are mentioned.
Deluxe: Dual mono choke power supply, Selected valves for low noise and good channel balance. 99.999% pure OFC signal wiring. Relay operated selector switch for a very short signal path. Dual mains transformers.
Reference: Deluxe plus all signal resistors and capacitors upgraded to very high-quality types not found in other makes. Upgraded power supply including a special mains transformer.
Signature: Reference plus a 48-position stepped attenuator for perfect channel balance, Pure silver internal signal wiring, Custom made coupling capacitors and a special ultra-low impedance high current delivery power supply.

Prices of the Reference and Signature models to be announced soon.

Looking fwd to seeing and hearing this at Chez GT. Looks bomb proof build quality with your usual OCD on the internals!

Is there space for a phono stage in the Atlantic chassis Graham?
There would be room to fit an op-amp phono stage circuit, but I see little point as it would not be up to the standard of the rest of the design. I have also given up on full function preamp designs as there are just too many compromises, as in shared power supplies etc. To do it properly with separate power supplies for each stage you might as well go for separate designs housed within their own enclosures, so best to go for a standalone phono stage. The Convergence works very well with the Atlantic preamplifier.

There would be room to fit an op-amp phono stage circuit, but I see little point as it would not be up to the standard of the rest of the design. I have also given up on full function preamp designs as there are just too many compromises, as in shared power supplies etc. To do it properly with separate power supplies for each stage you might as well go for separate designs housed within their own enclosures, so best to go for a standalone phono stage. The Convergence works very well with the Atlantic preamplifier.
Thanks Graham. Thought that might be the case.

advertisement

Back