advertisement

System Pics 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sudden spendy update from my last pic a few weeks ago. Switched the cheap (but perfectly good) Topping D10 DAC for the matching Pro-Ject DAC Box S2+...and went a bit mad on the vinyl end and got a Technics SL-1200G and an Audio Technica VM540ML/H!

All this sitting around playing vinyl got me interested in improving things further. The Technics has been a great buy and the AT cart was dead easy to fit as it came ready pre-aligned for the Technics in the headshell and sounds brilliant. I expect I’ll sell the Pro-Ject deck at some point. Speakers are still the Harbeth M30.1 which are going nowhere!

Next on my list is an upgrade from Croft integrated to Croft pre/power:

WboQbIG.jpg

Last edited:
Sudden spendy update from my last pic a few weeks ago. Switched the cheap (but perfectly good) Topping D10 DAC for the matching Pro-Ject DAC Box S2+...and went a bit mad on the vinyl end and got a Technics SL-1200G and an Audio Technica VM540ML/H!

All this sitting around playing vinyl got me interested in improving things further. The Technics has been a great buy and the AT cart was dead easy to fit as it came ready pre-aligned for the Technics in the headshell and sounds brilliant. I expect I’ll sell the Pro-Ject deck at some point.

Next on my list is an upgrade from Croft integrated to Croft pre/power:

I do like your Project gear. They're really upping their game in this area and all at a very accessible price to most of us. And Toppings seem to measure and play well. Nice system.

QM00rIb.jpg

After a spring clean(detailed on another thread), an improvement in my ability to post pictures(though large) and a tinge of pride in what I've put together on a minimal budget here is my system. Very happy with the ergonomics now and of course, the sound. Listening to some lovely music on my FM tuner at this time. Even the newly cleaned cassette player sounds decent!
Have a good day all.
Del

Nice Yamaha set Del! Have to say those always get my mind working, but am in a happy place with what I have. Certainly though if I was looking, they would certainly be high on my list! Enjoy!

QM00rIb.jpg

After a spring clean(detailed on another thread), an improvement in my ability to post pictures(though large) and a tinge of pride in what I've put together on a minimal budget here is my system. Very happy with the ergonomics now and of course, the sound. Listening to some lovely music on my FM tuner at this time. Even the newly cleaned cassette player sounds decent!
Have a good day all.
Del
Is that a Yamaha A-S1000 on top? Unless the pic is deceiving it looks like you have very little to zero ventilation above it which makes me a little concerned. My A-S3000 operates around 8 degrees cooler after I removed it from my rack and placed it on a table. It previously had about 2.5 inches of air space above it in the rack, now it has over 2.5 metres! :)

I wish....it’s an AS 501. I thought of either dropping the amp down a couple of inches or perhaps putting it on top of the rack instead though it doesn’t seem to run warm. Thanks for the advice.Somebody mentioned this earlier.

I wish....it’s an AS 501. I thought of either dropping the amp down a couple of inches or perhaps putting it on top of the rack instead though it doesn’t seem to run warm. Thanks for the advice.Somebody mentioned this earlier.

I'm a Yammy fan and will probably buy their 803 streaming amp if I ever need to release cash. Can I ask what TT that is - a Pro-ject?

I'm a Yammy fan and will probably buy their 803 streaming amp if I ever need to release cash. Can I ask what TT that is - a Pro-ject?

An 803 would be a further way of simplifying my own hifi but not yet. The turntable is the original Clearaudio Emotion with Concept Metal Cartridge. Great value at the time and have never felt the need to change it. It bettered my previous older Rega.

I’ve been into hifi since ore-teens so that’s over 40 years. My most influential years were the mid to late 80s into the early 90s, which were a golden era for hifi. I’ve been a habitual box swapper for many years but lately I’ve settled down to enjoy a mostly Sonneteer-based system. I just love what their gear does.

I do still dabble with stuff that takes my fancy, but it’s as much about the design and build as it is the sound. I just enjoy owning nice kit. My dabblings these days are almost always things tat wot unseat my main system.

Here are a few pics:

I’ve been into hifi since ore-teens so that’s over 40 years. My most influential years were the mid to late 80s into the early 90s, which were a golden era for hifi. I’ve been a habitual box swapper for many years but lately I’ve settled down to enjoy a mostly Sonneteer-based system. I just love what their gear does.

I do still dabble with stuff that takes my fancy, but it’s as much about the design and build as it is the sound. I just enjoy owning nice kit. My dabblings these days are almost always things tat wot unseat my main system.

Here are a few pics:

What are the speakers please?

Spica TC50?
——-
Oh no, I see they are the TC60 - I never heard those but I loved the 50s.
Me Too! I have a pair of Angelus awaiting restoration when retail becomes less turbulent or Hell freezes over whichever happens first.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back