advertisement

Devs - Wow

I think a good portrayal of San Francisco Silicon Valley geekiness and a character that was a little socially detached and cool. Almost like machines themselves, or simulations.

I saw her as androgynous, the character was supposed to be only 19. I suppose that was the idea?

To me, she was obviously female. It didn't even click she was 'supposed' to be a man. It didn't even register. They should have had her go for a wee.

I'm not sure why it was done, even after reading this.

Stephen

To me, she was obviously female. It didn't even click she was 'supposed' to be a man. It didn't even register. They should have had her go for a wee.

I'm not sure why it was done, even after reading this.

Stephen
It’s odd, she had a male sounding name, wore boyish clothes. Reminded me of that Character in billions, younger obviously.

It’s odd, she had a male sounding name, wore boyish clothes. Reminded me of that Character in billions, younger obviously.

As for the name—she's American, so how could you tell from the name?

How about Marion here and this lot?

I obviously saw though all that!

john_wayne.jpg

Stephen

It started well but gets gradually worse.......

Like so much TV drama. The number of episodes is a reliable indicator. Anything over four and you can almost guarantee the story will lose its way and is in need of a decent editor.

It’s odd, she had a male sounding name,
Some names can go either way, Hilary for example.

Whilst watching episode 3 last evening, I became aware that the boyish-looking girl, presumably of Chinese descent, was named Lily. Lily Chen, as I heard. I pointed this out to my wife, whose English name is Lily and whose pre-marriage surname was Chen; Lily Chen! Maybe my ears deceived me, in which case maybe you heard otherwise and can apprise me accordingly. Some coincidence, if it's so.

I may add that I listen through cans/hifi and my wife listens to the crappy TV sound, which is why she probably wouldn't have picked it up.

I’ve just finished watching this and enjoyed it very much. I watched the whole thing via iPlayer and found an odd thing - if I look at the menu of available episodes it says there are four but if you let the fourth episode run on it will happily go on to play episode five, then six etc.

Whilst watching episode 3 last evening, I became aware that the boyish-looking girl, presumably of Chinese descent, was named Lily. Lily Chen, as I heard. I pointed this out to my wife, whose English name is Lily and whose pre-marriage surname was Chen; Lily Chen! Maybe my ears deceived me, in which case maybe you heard otherwise and can apprise me accordingly. Some coincidence, if it's so.

I may add that I listen through cans/hifi and my wife listens to the crappy TV sound, which is why she probably wouldn't have picked it up.

She's called Lily Chan.

But the character woody and I were discussing was Lyndon.

devs-cailee-spaeny-03-765x510.jpg

Stephen

I loved it, it’s hard to be original in this genre and this provoked some thought.

surprised garland went with the happy ending.

I watched it on the back of the recommendations here. I don't think I've watched a US drama series since the X-Files in the 1990s. I enjoyed it and especially loved that they used my favourite John Martyn track.

advertisement

Back