advertisement

Schiit modi 3 DAC

say it as it is

pfm Member
seen some glowing reviews on this Dac only to find its out of stock everywhere now?

have they stopped making it or something?

anyone used on these what are tour thoughts?

thanks

The UK Schiit website is always like that - more out of stock than in. They seem to be in a very advantages position at present.
That said, they may not even be manufacturing at present for obvious reasons.

I think Schiit US has downed tools because of C-19. Email them to check though - they are usually very responsive. Great DAC. Used to own one.

I have one and it's excellent - just what a dac should do, shredded wheat style.

I have a mini Schiit stack - Loki, Modi, Magni 3+ and like them all.

Stock levels from the UK distributor are erratic so you need to check frequently and be prepared to pounce.

Modi Multibit owner here. Nothing but good great solid performance, so good in fact only my best produced LPs sound better

Modi multibit has been unavailable in UK for quite a while and also backordered in U.S. Now showing as in stock on U.S site, so they must be making them again.
The dilemma is wait until some stock filters through to UK or chance the .com site & order direct.

I get putt off my Schiit gear because of the audio science forum measurement criticisms. Those Topping DACs measure well so always 'top' the charts.

I would love to hear one though rather than relying on scientific measurements.

The sound seems very divisive. Some love them, some think they are poor. Good prices though and seem to be a successful brand. May try one myself. Guttenberg seems very fond.

Bifrost 2 in now also available in the U.S. (in black and silver), alas not the U.K. Hoping they will filter through soon though. The bottleneck seems to be the multibit option as the mb cards are not available to order as add ons for the pre amps either.

Good prices though and seem to be a successful brand. May try one myself. Guttenberg seems very fond.

And John Darko. I've been thinking about buying a DAC and unit or two myself. I'm in no rush. Bill Gates thinks there may be a Covid-19 vaccine by the end of next year. Hopefully, Schiit gear will be easier to get hold of then.

Jack

I own one Modi 3, and was in the market for another, so after seeing the above posts where people were concerned with shipping times, I ordered one two days ago, and got it today. At least in the U.S., they are in stock, and shipping quickly. Just FYI.

For those still hesitating about ordering from the US site, I ordered my Modi Multibit at the weekend & it arrived this morning. (Fed-Ex). I hung on for several weeks for stock availability from the UK site, but it just doesn’t seem to be getting through.
It’s been playing for half an hour now & it sounds fantastic !! (especially considering it cost only £250 !)

For those still hesitating about ordering from the US site, I ordered my Modi Multibit at the weekend & it arrived this morning. (Fed-Ex). I hung on for several weeks for stock availability from the UK site, but it just doesn’t seem to be getting through.
It’s been playing for half an hour now & it sounds fantastic !! (especially considering it cost only £250 !)

hi so is the mulibit far superior to the modi3 then ?

Haven’t heard a Modi 3 to compare as they have no dealer network. I don’t care for those mini usb connectors on the 3, so buying the mb was a leap of faith. Ordering from the U.S will end up costing more than U.K as duty payable is a bit pricey..

advertisement

Back