advertisement

Would you sign up to be tracked?

Would you sign up for Covid 19 contact tracing

• Total voters
Stating that only a tiny trace element of children have an adverse reaction to vaccines compared to the countless millions of lives they save is a far, far more important fact.

PS Please keep ‘anti-vaccer’ conspiracy theory bullshit off my website!

Tony
Please accept my apologies. I’m not an anti-vaccer, simply a parent who has a child who was brain damaged at a young age very shortly after receiving the MMR jab. Like most parents, I simply followed the pack and accepted all the vaccinations. I do speak from personal experience and not simply someone who has jumped on a conspiracy bandwagon. My experience has broken my heart, made me angry, made me sad, made me suspicious and heaven knows how many other emotions. I shall happily withdraw from this debate as it hits too hard for me personally. After all, it is your site and certain views and opinions sometimes need to be silenced.
Peter

Peter, I hope I speak for all of us when I offer my profound sympathies for your, and your child’s situation. It’s awful and I’m sorry about it.

And I can see why you’d pick up on the anti-vax memes, but while respecting your personal experience and sensitivities, I think the movement is at best misguided, and at worst malignant.

I’m not an anti-vaccer, simply a parent who has a child who was brain damaged at a young age very shortly after receiving the MMR jab. Like most parents, I simply followed the pack and accepted all the vaccinations. I do speak from personal experience and not simply someone who has jumped on a conspiracy bandwagon. My experience has broken my heart, made me angry, made me sad, made me suspicious and heaven knows how many other emotions. I shall happily withdraw from this debate as it hits too hard for me personally. After all, it is your site and certain views and opinions sometimes need to be silenced.

I have huge sympathy for your position. With anything medical that is not 100% perfect there will always be some casualties, however painful that is. The statistical data is however unequivocal; vaccinating is clearly far safer than not vaccinating, and by orders of magnitude. The situation in America where conspiracy theories and anti-science gained so much traction cost a lot of lives and caused a lot of misery. That is not to say vaccines shouldn’t be scrutinised, but it should always be done with the weight of scientific evidence, not by corrupt charlatans such as “Dr” Andrew Wakefield.

PS I’m not quite sure how Bill Gates got dragged into this. Much to my surprise he turned out to be one of the good guys!

Stating the children die from vaccinations is hardly a conspiracy theory. It’s a statement of fact.

Did you know that children in the UK receive 25 different vaccinations by the time they are 2 years old? Fact.

not all

PS I’m not quite sure how Bill Gates got dragged into this. Much to my surprise he turned out to be one of the good guys!

I dragged him in after seeing BBC interview, then after looking at his oddly Nostrodamus-like TED talk of 2015, then looking at what he does with his billions thru his foundation and significantly in sphere of vaccination research, production and distribution - initially to fight malaria, then aids etc. Seeing as he has put $36 billion of his own wealth into it, he is worth a listen.

https://www.gatesfoundation.org/who-we-are/general-information/foundation-factsheet

I dont suspect other agendas or gain-based motivations from Gates in doing this.

Was it opt-out rather than opt-in?
It's so long ago that I can't remember but you've got to take into account mindset of the time. It was UK policy to have BCG - 99.9% of people wouldn't dream of going against government advice. Whether it was worded opt-in or opt-out isn't as relevant as it would be today - it was a given.

I know that the proposed app would use Bluetooth to swap tags with nearby phones but even getting it to connect to my devices right next to me is sketchy, I certainly wouldn’t want to trust my life to it. Tracking may help but it’s no silver bullet.

Bluetooth pairing can be extremely frustrating, but simply scanning for advertising data is pretty reliable (phone scans and acts like a beacon simultaneously). I can see it working quite well.

As this becomes more pervasive we might see more and more opting out of it and moving off-grid.

Hasn't happened. Folks seem perfectly happy to invite Alexa into their homes, share their lives on Facebook etc. Boggles my mind, but I don't see a groundswell of push back.

Hasn't happened. Folks seem perfectly happy to invite Alexa into their homes, share their lives on Facebook etc. Boggles my mind, but I don't see a groundswell of push back.

Indeed, I wouldn't mind all this outrage at the government knowing where everyone is stuff if most of those posting it weren't already allowing their daily lives to be mapped out in huge detail by the big tech companies without so much as a second thought.

Perhaps it’s the 50% who don’t give a toss about their digital footprint who are saying yes and it’s the shrewd amongst us who are demonstrating they are fully aware and don’t want it.thats what hoist with own petard looks like. :)

Bluetooth pairing can be extremely frustrating, but simply scanning for advertising data is pretty reliable (phone scans and acts like a beacon simultaneously). I can see it working quite well.

Nope. Alexa, Google, Siri. None of that will find it's way into my home. People are like the frog slowly boiling in the water as they casually let their liberities drift away. The thing is that liberty is a neverending struggle against foreces that seek to erode it. Clearly most are too lazy to continue.

Perhaps it’s the 50% who don’t give a toss about their digital footprint who are saying yes and it’s the shrewd amongst us who are demonstrating they are fully aware and don’t want it.thats what hoist with own petard looks like. :)

No FB, Twitter, Instagram, Alexa or the likes for me, but perhaps I would just like some of the restrictions lifted so people are able to go back to work, businesses don't fail, people aren't in poverty for the long term, mental health issues don't abound and so people can start to spend time with their friends and families again. If a tracking application is going to help facilitate that in the safest way then regardless of whether the government know where I am or not I'm going to sign up for it.... if you think the sinister overtones of such a move offset all the above consequences and you are happy to stay in 'lockdown' for another year or so then fine, you're entitled to your opinion, but just don't be moaning in a year's time when there is massed unemployment, ill health and a level of poverty hitherto unseen in the UK in 'modern times'.

Nope. Alexa, Google, Siri. None of that will find it's way into my home. People are like the frog slowly boiling in the water as they casually let their liberities drift away. The thing is that liberty is a neverending struggle against foreces that seek to erode it. Clearly most are too lazy to continue.

It's commercial companies playing fast and loose with my data I am most concerned about so no 'smart' speakers here neither.

Hopefully those guarding their privacy are totally solid on password and cookie management. Frankly anyone posting on forums is going to be struggling to maintain total privacy. Do you use burner PCs?

My objection is nothing to do with security.
It’s based on the premise that the app

“... will warn users if they have recently been in close proximity to someone suspected to be infected with the coronavirus.”

Based on self diagnosis.

utterly useless and just leading to mass bloody panic.

look at how many on here claim they’ve had it!

advertisement

Back