advertisement

Would you sign up to be tracked?

Would you sign up for Covid 19 contact tracing

• Total voters
Maybe not but we live in such an inter-connected world now where so much information is already available it's naive to think it really makes much difference in the end.

If most people really knew what 5G is all about they'd realise there will be nowhere to hide - all our information will be out there whether we like it or not - there will be an enormous density of devices tracking, watching, analysing us. 5G isn't about faster downloads. The privacy ship has sailed. You can try to turn off others being able to access your details but in reality, if you want to consume services they won't work if you are incognito. I'm not in favour of this type of world - 5G is the last straw, it's happening without our by-in. I balance this inevitability with our current need to find a way out of this pandemic - I'm simply being pragmatic, if somewhat reluctantly.

I could happily live without consuming all the electronic crap being purveyed via xG. The privacy ship has only sailed if you let it. The thing is privacy is instrumental to mental health and well being. It amazes me how casually most just let it go in the name of convenience. I believe there will come a time when mental health collapes en masse as it erodes to a breaking point.

I certainly agree with you that it is getting harder and harder to guard and there likely may come a day where it's neigh impossible. I hope I'm long gone at that point.

I could happily live without consuming all the electronic crap being purveyed via xG. The privacy ship has only sailed if you let it. The thing is privacy is instrumental to mental health and well being. It amazes me how casually most just let it go in the name of convenience. I believe there will come a time when mental health collapes en masse as it erodes to a breaking point.

I certainly agree with you that it is getting harder and harder to guard and there likely may come a day where it's neigh impossible. I hope I'm long gone at that point.
I don't disagree with this. If you are ok not using services it's possible to avoid a lot of privacy issues. One example type of service where it is becoming harder is taking a taxi. In some parts of the country, it's getting difficult to book a taxi without going online and providing your location, it may be that soon we'll only be able to take a taxis if use Uber or similar. The same will happen with autonomous cars. Travel without divulging your location I believe will become very problematic. Life has become too complex, it's good to be able to throttle back and take things easier. There's much to be said for a simpler life.

One example type of service where it is becoming harder is taking a taxi. In some parts of the country, it's getting difficult to book a taxi without going online and providing your location, it may be that soon we'll only be able to take a taxis if use Uber or similar...
In KL Grab (The SE Asia Uber equivalent) have a photo of my identity card

I don't disagree with this. If you are ok not using services it's possible to avoid a lot of privacy issues. One example type of service where it is becoming harder is taking a taxi. In some parts of the country, it's getting difficult to book a taxi without going online and providing your location, it may be that soon we'll only be able to take a taxis if use Uber or similar. The same will happen with autonomous cars. Travel without divulging your location I believe will become very problematic. Life has become too complex, it's good to be able to throttle back and take things easier. There's much to be said for a simpler life.

As this becomes more pervasive we might see more and more opting out of it and moving off-grid.

I would, if it kept us all safe and got us through the crisis quicker. Hopefully, personal data issues would be addressed along the way, but the most important thing at the moment, is for us to get through this and keep the loss of lives to an absolute minimum. For my part, I'm happy to stay at home; it's the best way that I can contribute at the moment.

As this becomes more pervasive we might see more and more opting out of it and moving off-grid.

that would be an interesting g exercise of these increasingly joined up times.

how (far) could you practically go off grid?

mobiles - easy don’t have one, or just use burners. Borrow someone else’s to make yer calls.

taxis, ordering etc. Easy. Get someone to do it for you.

banking - tricky one. Disposable burner phones again. Or cash only which is becoming harder.

Compute and stuff. Use VPN’s, proxies etc. Not going to be 100%. And a lot of work.

Trouble is that doesn’t take one too far off grid.

What you want is The Swiss banking of personal and it services. Creat a virtual state and Do all The traceable stuff for you, and sub distribute goods and services, but keep their customers details confidential like the Swiss. That would work, but would Become elite and a haven for laundering.

Or just suck it up and not care.

that would be an interesting g exercise of these increasingly joined up times.

how (far) could you practically go off grid?

mobiles - easy don’t have one, or just use burners. Borrow someone else’s to make yer calls.

taxis, ordering etc. Easy. Get someone to do it for you.

banking - tricky one. Disposable burner phones again. Or cash only which is becoming harder.

Compute and stuff. Use VPN’s, proxies etc. Not going to be 100%. And a lot of work.

Trouble is that doesn’t take one too far off grid.

What you want is The Swiss banking of personal and it services. Creat a virtual state and Do all The traceable stuff for you, and sub distribute goods and services, but keep their customers details confidential like the Swiss. That would work, but would Become elite and a haven for laundering.

Or just suck it up and not care.

It's quite possible to be very off-grid. Given one could grow/produce their own food and electricity you would not need to depend on much at that point so phones/banking/compute, though useful, would not be required. Humanity was perfectly able to thrive wihtout all of that at one time.

I think way too much sucking up and not caring has created a lot of the messes we now find ourselves in!

It's quite possible to be very off-grid. Given one could grow/produce their own food and electricity you would not need to depend on much at that point so phones/banking/compute, though useful, would not be required. Humanity was perfectly able to thrive wihtout all of that at one time.

I think way too much sucking up and not caring has created a lot of the messes we now find ourselves in!
Would this way of life involve a young Felicity Kendal? If so I'm in.

Don't be silly, you don't have to give up any individual freedom, if you don't like it you can just stay locked up at home :D
A simplistic point. It won’t be whether I like it, it will become a sign up or you have to stay at home. Wait until they tell you that the vaccine isn’t mandatory, but you give up all your rights if you don’t sign up. So, not really optional. And who is the greatest advocate of vaccines. Your good friend Bill Gates.

A simplistic point. It won’t be whether I like it, it will become a sign up or you have to stay at home. Wait until they tell you that the vaccine isn’t mandatory, but you give up all your rights if you don’t sign up. So, not really optional. And who is the greatest advocate of vaccines. Your good friend Bill Gates.
Vaccines work and many are mandatory. What does Bill Gates have to do with anything?

Bill Gates isn't in the UK either.
Bill Gates is everywhere. Or, his Foundation is. What I’m trying to get across here is that if and when a vaccine is produced, will this vaccine be compulsory? It will be if he has his way. Obviously this would be implemented through the WHO. And guess who is one of the biggest funders of the WHO? Bill is.
National boundaries have little effect when it comes to organisations like the WHO.So saying BG isn’t in the UK is somewhat pointless.

Incidentally, the current ‘figurehead’ supposedly running the WHO has a reputation for being extremely underhand when it comes to dealing with health crises. When he was in charge in Ethiopia, he attempted to deny there had been cholera outbreaks on at least 3 occasions. He also had close ties with The Clinton’s. Makes him the ideal candidate for being at the helm of the WHO.you should check the guy out yourself. Tedros Adhanom is his name.

More and more countries around the world are, to all intents and purposes, making vaccination programmes mandatory. I understand Australia is one of the latest. It’s an issue for me because our son was brain damaged after his MMR. When we refused the vaccine for his younger sister (I’m sure you would agree that it was a reasonable refusal in the circumstances), we had a long battle with the NHS and the Education Dept on this. It certainly felt that we didn’t have the right to choose even though vaccinations are not supposedly mandatory in the UK. So I have quite strong views on this based on actual experience of trying to fight them system’.

Oh, nearly forgot, vaccines kill or damage large numbers of people. You just don’t hear about it on the news.

I would, if it kept us all safe and got us through the crisis quicker. Hopefully, personal data issues would be addressed along the way, but the most important thing at the moment, is for us to get through this and keep the loss of lives to an absolute minimum. For my part, I'm happy to stay at home; it's the best way that I can contribute at the moment.
I’m pretty sure it would be possible to devise a system which would both be effective, and GDPR compliant. I don’t think it’s even that difficult. Certainly wouldn’t delay design and rollout to do it properly. So if it isn’t done properly, I’d ask myself: ‘why not?’

Bill Gates is one of the most sensible and well informed people to listen to at the moment when it comes to Covid 19. He accurately predicted it many years ago (see a 2015 TED talk), highlighted exactly where how it would spread, exactly where the state failings would be etc. I have a huge amount of respect for his position and would love to see people of that calibre involved far more directly in politics. Here is a recent follow-up.

PS Anti-vaccers can safely be filed with moon landing deniers, David Icke, Richard Dunn etc IMHO.

advertisement

Back