advertisement

Would you sign up to be tracked?

Would you sign up for Covid 19 contact tracing

• Total voters
I'd like the dystopian shitstorm to end at some point, giving government this kind of power is too open to abuse and what's to stop them,' in the interests of ' national security or prevention of terrorism de anonymising ? Some little dictators will love this.

I'd like the dystopian shitstorm to end at some point, giving government this kind of power is too open to abuse and what's to stop them,' in the interests of ' national security or prevention of terrorism de anonymising ? Some little dictators will love this.

You can imagine what someone like Reinhard Heydrich could have done with the sort of information. My fear is that it’s already too late, the horse has bolted, that we’re already being tracked and the data stored for later processing. Nothing good will come of it.

For 65 million of us? It's the usual thing, if they think I might bomb the Manchester Arena they would, but for volume criminal thieving scum? No chance.

There is a lot of processing power in base stations, camera facial recognition can be done in the cloud, link the two...

Been watching Black Mirror?

Couple of things :

The Koreans have caught out several people having affairs. Oops.

I read today that there is some considerable in France to this idea.

All this paranoia about privacy. I’m more concerned about a virus invading hundreds of thousands of people and killing them. We can fix the privacy stuff later. I question what some have to fear about the potential of the state knowing more about their lives.

The Germans are asking for smart watch or Fitbit users to use a similar program. No idea why not phones- maybe easier to guaranty anonymity? it's certainly less contentious if anonymity is cast iron.

The Germans are asking for smart watch or Fitbit users to use a similar program. No idea why not phones- maybe easier to guaranty anonymity? it's certainly less contentious if anonymity is cast iron.
Maybe they only want to save those interested in fitness.

There is a lot of processing power in base stations, camera facial recognition can be done in the cloud, link the two...
Yeah, sure, but there's a world of difference between theoretically possible and the real world. In the real world police forensic services still process fingerprints manually, FFS. Yet they *could* match phone usage and face scans for 65 million of us. Sure, because the police have FA else to do, don't they?

Yeah, sure, but there's a world of difference between theoretically possible and the real world. In the real world police forensic services still process fingerprints manually, FFS. Yet they *could* match phone usage and face scans for 65 million of us. Sure, because the police have FA else to do, don't they?
They wouldn’t do it themselves. AI or Cognitive...I’d be surprised if it’s remotely hard. GCHQ should be able to lash it up quickly.

Another step in the wrong direction as far as individual freedom is concerned. Not too many steps left to take.

They wouldn’t do it themselves. AI or Cognitive...I’d be surprised if it’s remotely hard. GCHQ should be able to lash it up quickly.

It's not a trivial task but it's certainly a very feasible task and it gets easier as time progresses. It's fairly safe to say GCHQ have been working on realtime tracking since whenever.

No, for the same reason I would never carry an ID card. You may trust this government not to abuse its powers, you may trust the next one, but who knows what the future holds. A Farage/Yaxley-Lennon government is a very real possibility.

So did Germany manage to trace contacts without any app?

Also if this app is anonymised how will those contacts be located and identified?

advertisement

Back