advertisement

Computer/Video Games & Gaming

Although I think I’ve mentioned it before on here, the game that affected me most in recent years is Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture. I loved everything about it, and even bought the soundtrack on double LP!

Mick

I’ve merged the threads.

PS I’ve not got the attention span for anything more than a couple of levels of Jetpack on the ZX Spectrum or a totally lame attempt at speed-running the first level of Doom 2 these days. Quake II is the most recent game I have! I love the look of some of the recent stuff, but I know I’d just vanish into it for months, they are just too big!

I’ve merged the threads.

PS I’ve not got the attention span for anything more than a couple of levels of Jetpack on the ZX Spectrum or a totally lame attempt at speed-running the first level of Doom 2 these days. Quake II is the most recent game I have!

I take 'games' as meaning chess, monopoly, escape from colditz. The title does not reflect video gaming. Boo.

And for something completely different.

After buying it 3 years ago I am “trying” to “play” Hearts of Iron 4 but, my god, it’s driving me crazy!!!

I completed Hogs of War PS1 on a PS1.

Mission 25, Well, Well, Well. is the last mission and is rock hard, although I do know the easy way to complete it.

What I want to do is destroy all of the Swill-Wells and get the seemingly impossible to obtain rewards...

I have the Mardy Pigs team, and could play it again, it is considerably harder as the enemy have more HP and weapons available.

I want to do mission 25 full mission and destroy all wells and keep all my team alive. Not sure it is possible.

Or, I could play Wipeout 2097.

mmm.

Borderlands is fun with a quirky sense of humour and a nice look in terms of art and graphics. It's less of a single player game than something like Fallout 3 and apprently gets a bit samey and grindy unless you play online in the co-op multiplayer mode.

At least according to the revews -- Eurogamer I find very reliable http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/borderlands-review -- I have only played it for about 2 hours this morning while nursing a hangover. Games like this I only ever buy when discounted 50% as if (worst case) I only end up getting a few weekends out of them then £15 is not so unreasonable.

Your parents must be very proud of you.

This is rather amusing; Doom Eternal devs react to a totally insane speed-run!

A fun mix of amazement and good-humoured horror. It’s got to smart a bit, seeing something you worked so closely and hard on just get pummelled like that.

Quality game though, enjoyed it.

Just finished devouring the Final Fantasy 7 remake here. That’s was great too, a bit weird and stylised but generally fairly compelling. Looking forward to the next chunk.

My daughter connected her Nintendo Switch to the TV the other day and put Yoshi’s Island on for me, a quick go turned into 4 hours. Took me back 20+ years, before we had kids Mrs BB and I spent hours completing it and then started again to get perfect on every level. My favourite game ever.

Cheers BB

Been playing Ghost Recon on a Mac, with the original windows version wrapped. I didn’t know that could be done. Me and a mate spent hours on this game back in the day... weather has been too nice this week, but we might get a game in tomorrow evening.

Half-Life 2 on Nvidia Shield TV (from the cloud via Geforce Now/Steam) - I need some sleep but I ain't gonna get any anytime soon!

My new obsession... Hades! Strong recommendation from me and the marginally more reliable Jim Sterling:

advertisement

Back